MT29P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Max PM Release Info!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TomAiello

Re: MT29P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Max PM Release Info!

Post by TomAiello »

Z wear should be much easier to get. PD1 is chemically very similar and those were around for a long time. Hopefully we see Z wear lasting for a while.
PBWilson

Post by PBWilson »

I'd imagine that numbering the blade blanks would add to the cost and certain numbers would be sold as extra rare for their novelty. (001, 007, 69, 420...)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Agreycat, Shinbone,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:17 am
Z wear should be much easier to get. PD1 is chemically very similar and those were around for a long time. Hopefully we see Z wear lasting for a while.
I don’t know, z-wear might be a sweet spot. I got a z-max in part due to everyone wanting one and being a very limited super steel. Tons of hype on this one I got curious about.

But the possibility of rust on the z-max bothers me, it has even less chromium (4% vs 4.75%) than maxamet which has staining issues. I have heard of maxamet staining from just being stored in leather sheath. Where z-wear is at 7.5% chromium which is not stainless but a whole lot closer, will take abuse being a tough steel and still will hold an edge fairly well.

Now if we see a MagnaCut Mule it would be amazing. I know there was some talk of releasing it but no idea if for sure let alone when. Basically a z-wear with 10.7% chromium making it stainless vs the semi-stainless of the z-wear.

I will keep the z-max for awhile but might end up selling it in a few months to finance other mules. Or I might love it and keep it, who knows. That is the fun of the mule, being able to test out different steels.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:15 am
Tried, but failed. Oh well.
Got a surprise email from Spyderco saying my order shipped! :eek: Guess I got one after all. I tried twice, but both times it crashed after I hit Place Order. I thought I missed out!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:17 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Got a surprise email from Spyderco saying my order shipped! :eek: Guess I got one after all. I tried twice, but both times it crashed after I hit Place Order. I thought I missed out!

That is a very nice surprise indeed! I also got my email notification about shipping, can't wait!
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Agreycat

Post by Agreycat »

sal wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:39 am
Hi Agreycat, Shinbone,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thank you, sir!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:02 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:17 pm
The Meat man wrote:

That is a very nice surprise indeed! I also got my email notification about shipping, can't wait!
Yes! Looks like it should arrive on Friday. :cool:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:21 pm
There is already one on eBay for $175. Someone who got it from the factory store.
Would be nice to find out who these flippers are and ban them.
shinbone

Post by shinbone »

Agreycat wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:10 pm
sal wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:39 am
Hi Agreycat, Shinbone,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thank you, sir!
Yes, thanks for the welcome. And, thanks for the Mule Team program. We are really lucky to access all these high-end, hard-to-find steels for small dollars. It is a unique and wonderful program!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:46 am
TomAiello wrote:
I don’t know, z-wear might be a sweet spot.
Oh, I know. I think it's likely to be a great steel. I just think it won't be hit by so much hype (because PD1 is already out there), so it will be easier to get one.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

TomAiello wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:55 am
WilliamMunny wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:46 am
TomAiello wrote:
I don’t know, z-wear might be a sweet spot.
Oh, I know. I think it's likely to be a great steel. I just think it won't be hit by so much hype (because PD1 is already out there), so it will be easier to get one.

A-max is not my ideal steel but with all the hype around it I really wanted to try it out.

There is something about a lot of hype on something driving up demand.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

TomAiello wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:55 am
]

I think the market mood and overall appetite for the Mule team knives has changed since the PD1 Mule.

I watched the PD1 sit in stock for a long time and figured I would throw a couple in the cart when they launched the Spy27 and get them all shipped at once. That said, they were gone not long before the Spy27 Mule launch and I missed out and should have just ate the extra shipping cost when they were in stock.
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

The great sign is there is good demand and Spyderco could potentially up their production like they intend to do so that more steel nerds and Spyderco aficionados can get a hold of them but it looks like some of the values of the lower production ones would be pretty high for the foreseeable future. Maybe Spyderco could pick certain users who we know will give feedback and number those so that we know that they will be put to the intended purpose of feedback for Spyderco.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

I think I"m hooked now after playing with the Z-Max, can't wait for the next one either! Had no idea I liked playing with the different steels until I started buying different sprint runs and mules.
----------------------------------------------------
Spyderco and Tops enthusiast
Obsessed with DLC Cruwear for some reason
Knives, Guns, and Watches, yes please

- Tom aka NotFixingIT
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

My Z-Max arrived today (with some Spyderco stickers!). After work, I will put it into some scales and give it some work. I am looking forward to trying this one out.