Z-wear Mule!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Josh Crutchley

Z-wear Mule!

Post by Josh Crutchley »

New reveal has MT-30 and it's Zapp Z-Wear. It's pretty much the same as Cpm-Cruwear and PD#1. Not sure if I'll get this one since I have PD#1. How do you guys feel about a Z-Wear mule?
TomAiello

Re: Z-wear Mule!

Post by TomAiello »

I want one because I have Cruwear and PD#1. I'm really interested in trying to compare the variants to see if I can notice any difference at all.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

I don't have any super-hard mega-catra-cutters, so I'd love to snag a Z-max first. Z-wear if I have funds left over...

Tom I hope you report; I'm gonna bet the differences are negligible, but what do I know...
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:30 pm
New reveal has MT-30 and it's Zapp Z-Wear. It's pretty much the same as Cpm-Cruwear and PD#1. Not sure if I'll get this one since I have PD#1. How do you guys feel about a Z-Wear mule?
How will Z-wear compare to the Z-max? I am guessing Z-max will be harder and hold an edge better. But the Z-wear would be less prone to chip. How would they compare to rust resistance?
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
dlum1

Post by dlum1 »

Hi again! I have the pd1 mule that I take fishing and camping. I have yet to stain it (or even rust it for that matter). Z-wear is likely a semi-stainless while maxamet tends to rust if neglected for too long.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

So, I'm planning to get one of these. After waiting for like 6 months for Halpern to release new mule team scales, I finally decided to give up and sell my PD#1 mule. The SAME DAY I sold it, I got an email from Halpern saying scales were finally back. So anyhow now I need the z-wear! 🤦‍♀️😭
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:30 pm
So, I'm planning to get one of these. After waiting for like 6 months for Halpern to release new mule team scales, I finally decided to give up and sell my PD#1 mule. The SAME DAY I sold it, I got an email from Halpern saying scales were finally back. So anyhow now I need the z-wear! 🤦‍♀️😭
Good luck finding one that's not being sold by a scalper. I've given up trying to buy a mule. I don't need a knife soo bad that I need to fight scalpers and bots. I'll stick to regular production for now on.