Steel Poll - What new steel would you like to try/test on a Spyderco Mule Team knife

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.

What steel you'd like to see/test on one of the upcoming Mule Team knives

M398
8%
CPM S125V
7%
REX121
21%
Vanax SuperClean
55%
Your own variant (specify in comments)
9%

Total votes: 103

Deadboxhero

Re: Steel Poll - What new steel would you like to try/test on a Spyderco Mule Team knife

Post by Deadboxhero »

CPM 15V
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Kevinim82

Re: Steel Poll - What new steel would you like to try/test on a Spyderco Mule Team knife

Post by Kevinim82 »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:46 am
CPM 15V
Shawn isn’t your Spyderco collab gonna be in 15v??? 😎
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Cadenno

Post by Cadenno »

There are many steels to try, in addition to those already mentioned above.
Maybe less known or "valuable", but still very good steels.

niolox
nicro100
sleipner
n690co
just to name a few that I have tested to make some of my knives.

But in addition to new or never tested steels, it would be interesting to have a line of Mule steels normally used by Spyderco in its knives.
Now I try to explain:
Having a line of Mule (maybe always in stock, in s30v or spy27), to have as a comparison with the new steels would be useful and also the only system to really try a comparison.
(To stay in stock, it might cost a little more than the release price. This is to partially cover the cost of the knives sitting idle on the shelves, but also to reward those struggling to buy them at release. )

PS: I apologize for my English, but I'm writing from Switzerland and I speak Italian.
99Dirk

Post by 99Dirk »

Cadenno wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:05 am
There are many steels to try...
Having a line of Mule (maybe always in stock, in s30v or spy27), to have as a comparison with the new steels would be useful and also the only system to really try a comparison....
Agree. I'm searching the forum now to see if others have said similar thoughts. I would like a basic carbon steel (D2) and stainless (VG10); available maybe yearly or semi annual. Having comparison blades in common materials would be great.

D.