Mule Team sheaths

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Josh Crutchley

Mule Team sheaths

Post by Josh Crutchley »

I have owned a mule team knife for close to a year but never used it as an EDC. The main reason is I never bought the sheath for it. My lovely wife just bought me one of each and it made me think about which I would use first. Those of you who do carry a mule what sheath do you use? This will be the first fixed blade I try to EDC so any tips would be helpful. Does anyone switch between sheaths with the same knife?
Bolster

Re: Mule Team sheaths

Post by Bolster »

I'm not a good response, I'm sheath poor, but nobody else has picked up on your question so maybe this will get the ball rolling. I have two EDC options. The first is a custom kydex taco that I had made for me years ago. It works, but I'm not thrilled with it. The pendant style belt loop means the knife flops around during vigorous activity. I plan to replace it when I get into kydexing for myself. But at least it works with the Halpern "slim" scales (not a fan of fat scales!). The second option is my ultralight hiking option. Meant to be carried in a pouch. Obviously not immediately accessible, but OTOH, doesn't frighten the sheeple.

Switching between sheaths for the same handle style seems a good idea to me. Most of these Kydex sheaths are 'tuned' to a particular handle profile. For example, my skeletonized mule falls out of my Halpern-tuned Kydex sheath...
Attachments
IMG_2669.JPG
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Boltaron sheath is my preferred. Have carried clip off in leg pocket of cargo pants that I have that it fits just as much.

Boltaron scout carry works well with a few other scales besides Spyderco bought ones.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Bolster wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:33 am
I'm not a good response, I'm sheath poor, but nobody else has picked up on your question so maybe this will get the ball rolling. I have two EDC options. The first is a custom kydex taco that I had made for me years ago. It works, but I'm not thrilled with it. The pendant style belt loop means the knife flops around during vigorous activity. I plan to replace it when I get into kydexing for myself. But at least it works with the Halpern "slim" scales (not a fan of fat scales!). The second option is my ultralight hiking option. Meant to be carried in a pouch. Obviously not immediately accessible, but OTOH, doesn't frighten the sheeple.

Switching between sheaths for the same handle style seems a good idea to me. Most of these Kydex sheaths are 'tuned' to a particular handle profile. For example, my skeletonized mule falls out of my Halpern-tuned Kydex sheath...
I like the taco sheath it goes good with your skeletonized mule. I plan to use similar thickness scales on all my mules so I should have no problem switching.