MT31P - Mule Team Featuring CPM S45VN - Release Date

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
z1r

Re: MT31P - Mule Team Featuring CPM S45VN - Release Date

Post by z1r »

FullScaler wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:14 pm
I woke up this morning to my wife wishing me a happy birthday and then my alarm dinged at me for my one hour notice for MT31.

I was refreshing the screen right at launch time and even though the site was lagging a bit I was able to get my 2 and a set of scales too just in time! Happy birthday to me!

Even though they sell out so fast, I personally really appreciate the limit of 2 per person. Being from Canada, the shipping is almost as much as one blade so it is really nice to be able to get 2 (one for a friend) and split the shipping costs. The shipping cost coupled with the currency conversion would make it well over 100 bucks if I was only able to get 1.

Congratz to those who got one! Better luck next time for those who didn't. And a big finger for any flippers buying them just to make a buck on the secondary market!
Happy Birthday and well said!

Also, kudos to Spyderco for not capitalizing on the demand by raising their prices. That would harm the program, IMO.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Hey, bleasure:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum!

Stay safe,

Mike
Sevenco

Post by Sevenco »

Still pretty surprised I managed to get one, had shipping confirmation so maybe I actually did!

1X Mule
1X Scales
1X Boltaron

On their way to the home of knifemaking.....Sheffield!

Wanted one for years and was disappointed to see the program had halted after seeing them in stock so many times over the years,
I've 5 Spydies that all get used and abused, have a UKPK mk1 that I've carried and used daily ever since they were first released, our knife grinder at work, and Sheffield knife grinding legend Brian Alcock sharpened it for me and promptly linished away the SAL signature on the blade, wasn't too upset, the guys a legend and a hero,

Looking forward to the Mule and seeing if it can hang with the copious amounts of cardboard it'll be faced with at work.

Have to agree though, limiting them to 1 per customer for the first 24 would seem fairer....
airborne91

Post by airborne91 »

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:23 pm
yablanowitz wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:19 pm
If they are already on eBay for triple price, that is pure flipper. The only real solution to flippers is don't buy from them. If they have eat their stock, they'll stop.
One of them has 4 available. :mad:
They have 4 available? I love the free market but something about flippers makes me cranky.

I think the appeal is that mules havent been made in 3-4 years and so its the craze.

I plan on being a long term mule tester. I love using different steels. I have missed them in the past.
I hope Sal decides to have a "stock mule" for the curious.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Missed it :(
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

They hit eBay already. One EBay f̶l̶i̶p̶p̶e̶r̶ seller has 4 of them in stock for $148 each. Almost tripled the price.
Flippers gonna flip...
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Sounds like the purchase limit of 2 didn't work.
fixall

Post by fixall »

I'm not sure anything will come of it... But there is a knife dealer with four S45VN Mule Team's for sale in his ebay store for $150. He is a well-known scalper of Spyderco (and other) knives. I just sent Kristi proof of his scalping, real name, and links to his various webstore/accounts.

Maybe his IP can be banned from the Spyderco Factory Outlet or something.
z1r

Post by z1r »

yablanowitz wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:09 pm
Sounds like the purchase limit of 2 didn't work.
Anyone with a little determination, imagination, or friends can circumvent the limits. I wouldn't blame Spyderco.
Jkat

Post by Jkat »

fixall wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:01 pm
But there is a knife dealer with four S45VN Mule Team's for sale in his ebay store for $150.

Plus he just stole the picture and text from Spyderco's website.

What a scumbag. He should be banned.
Josh502

Post by Josh502 »

Is it sad that im still randomly refreshing the screen hoping to see “add to cart”?
fixall

Post by fixall »

Jkat wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:09 pm
fixall wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:01 pm
But there is a knife dealer with four S45VN Mule Team's for sale in his ebay store for $150.

Plus he just stole the picture and text from Spyderco's website.

What a scumbag. He should be banned.
Looks like it's be taken care of. :)
RedDevilSam

Post by RedDevilSam »

I finally got my first mule. Refreshed right at 11 est added to cart went to check out and panic set in. Had to make an account, then my password wasn't accepted, then didn't select the right credit card type. I could feel all the mules flying out the door. But all is well. Going to start with a cord wrap on the handle and use it while helping build my sons house this summer.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi NevilSD, Leksy, Halfbore, Bleasure, Sevenco, Airborne, Jkat, Josh502, RedDevilSam,

Welcome to our forum.

My apologies to all that missed out. We're working on solving this problem. Some of the future Mules have already been increased. It might take a few runs to figure out a system for guessing numbers.

sal
z1r

Post by z1r »

sal wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:30 pm
Hi NevilSD, Leksy, Halfbore, Bleasure, Sevenco, Airborne, Jkat, Josh502, RedDevilSam,

Welcome to our forum.

My apologies to all that missed out. We're working on solving this problem. Some of the future Mules have already been increased. It might take a few runs to figure out a system for guessing numbers.

sal
Thumbs up! :spyder:
fixall

Post by fixall »

sal wrote:

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Best team in the industry.

I'm sure this will be handled as well as it can be. :)
Jkat

Post by Jkat »

sal wrote:

Welcome to our forum.
Thanks Sal!

I look forward to receiving my blade. I'm a hobbyist knifemaker. I guess I've made somewhere getting close to 100 knives in my time... so I'm looking forward to making some scales and a sheath. Still not sure what I'm going to do. I kind of have to hold the blade to determine what might fit.

For all you newer people to making handle scales, feel free to hit me up for any tips, I'll be happy to help!
Rwstubbz

Post by Rwstubbz »

I'm really upset that I missed out again. Sal and\or Eric please please order more next time, I know it's been a big discussion here, but I work my butt off during the day (all day) to have the money to buy knives and can't have time off to stop and get service to buy a knife unfortunately. I sprayed almost 15,000 square feet of polyurea paint today without a break and then got a swift kick in the pecker when I got down the canal and got service. I'm sorry for venting, and I still love you and your company. I will also still be buying your american made knives so I guess there's really no incentive in it for you, but I'm selfish. LoL 😂 😘
Rwstubbz

Post by Rwstubbz »

sal wrote:

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thank you, you're a gentleman an a scholar. I still think the subscription box thing would be awesome. A knife when they're available, swag and gear (scales, sheaths, handle materials, coins, patches, shirts, hats etc.) when they're not. I'd pay $50-100 a month maybe more for a spyderco mystery box.
fixall

Post by fixall »

Rwstubbz wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:21 pm
sal wrote:

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thank you, you're a gentleman an a scholar. I still think the subscription box thing would be awesome. A knife when they're available, swag and gear (scales, sheaths, handle materials, coins, patches, shirts, hats etc.) when they're not. I'd pay $50-100 a month maybe more for a spyderco mystery box.
Sign me up.