Poll What’s your Mule future

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.

Poll What’s your Mule future (from new start to mules)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:52 am

Just 1
2%
Just the steels I want
46%
1 or 2
3%
4 or 5
7%
5 to 10
3%
All of them (as many as I can get)
25%
I am a mule collector who is just continuing on as before.
13%

Total votes: 99

Gtscotty

Re: Poll What’s your Mule future

Post by Gtscotty »

I selected "Just the steels I want" and with the next 5 or 6 steel selections already set, I'm very interested in seeing what they all are, I suspect I'll want a few. Of the mules announced, I definitely want the Z-Max the most, as kind of a Maxamet light. I also picked up the SPY27 version to have a stainless blade to play with, I don't feel a huge draw to S45VN, but may pick one up just because it's a nice steel in a very useful format for $50. With the MT28 in hand, paired with the scales and kydex sheath from Spyderco's site, I have to say it seems like near-ideal hunting blade for my preferences.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Looks like it’s a larger “Just the steels I want” crew. With 50% vote so far.

Be interesting to see what the other 3 steels of the 6 that Sal said were already planned.

Hopefully there will be a few steels that aren’t as sought after that will give the people that miss out on the hot steels that sell out quick a chance in on the Mule team community.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I'd like one of each, but given the aftermarket pricing and that I only had a couple earlier ones (both the 9Cr18MoV model before the recent MicroMelt one I got last year), I'd be pretty happy to just try cool steels though as long as I have a decent job, I'd be up for getting each one at time of release. So I put just the steels i want to try, but as I love having lots of different steels, I'd like to try them all. I have other models in a handful of the mule steels but it would be cool to have one of each.
OrangeShoes

Post by OrangeShoes »

A chef will prefer all of them. Different style of knives would be a great help in making designs when cutting the ingredients thus, increasing the creativity of the food. Besides, it would be also a great display in the kitchen.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

I went with (as many as I can get.) A better option for me personally, would be, (which ever mules I can get from SFO, until the money runs out.)
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
z1r

Post by z1r »

Definitely on board for a #29 when available!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Whichever ones I can get. Spyderco doesn't seem to do that many in a year, and they are affordable. The Mules are an incredible bang for your buck. Most American-made (sometimes sharpened and ground, othertimes not) cutlery blanks are around $20 for basic ones, all the way up to close to $100 for others. A Mule, in the latest of steels, and a pretty practical pattern is usually around $50, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on the steel. It's a full-size knife, and factory-made sheaths and hardware are included; so if you're like me, and unsure if you can DIY the sheath and handles, it's there.
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Just the steels I want. Looking forward to a couple of the upcoming releases.
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

Just the steels I want.

If I was living in USA, I would buy way more Mules but living abroad makes them quite expensive. In France we have to pay customs taxes and VAT over the total price (goods + shipping fees) + customs declaration fees.
| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Seems like the last three steels are steels everyone wants with sell out times.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I was thinking it might actually do the program good to have one that sits around for a while. It would help with some of the instant sell-out to flippers.
Viking Bear

Post by Viking Bear »

I'd ultimately like to grab one of each run since I have yet to get one & have been a Spyderco fan for years. Unfortunately it will realistically boil down to funds available at the time of release and if im even able to get the website to load ... lol. I absolutely refuse to buy off scalpers. It's immoral in my opinion. :spyder:
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Viking Bear:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

Feather stick competition, Light bushcrafting camp (notching, carving, whittling), Kitchen patrol (slicing, chopping)-not in that order-then sharpening.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Sal, Sir, would it be possible to drop the names of the steels that are so far in-the-works that it's safe to say they're gonne come? I mean, S45VN SPY27 and Z-Max mules were all announced at the same time, iirc. Now they're all there (and gone). Which ones are next?? ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

archangel wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:00 am
Sal, Sir, would it be possible to drop the names of the steels that are so far in-the-works that it's safe to say they're gonne come? I mean, S45VN SPY27 and Z-Max mules were all announced at the same time, iirc. Now they're all there (and gone). Which ones are next?? ;)
As of now I know a-wear has been announced and will come out sometime this year. The other steel that was put out there but not confirmed was MagnaCut. Should be in high demand as it is basicly a z-wear steel but stainless. I know I am going to try to get both, very good “bushcraft” type steels.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 am
archangel wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:00 am
As of now I know a-wear has been announced and will come out sometime this year. The other steel that was put out there but not confirmed was MagnaCut. Should be in high demand as it is basicly a z-wear steel but stainless. I know I am going to try to get both, very good “bushcraft” type steels.
Be next year before we see Magnacut. Hopefully we see one or two before that after Z wear..
Viking Bear

Post by Viking Bear »

Michael Janich wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:02 am
Dear Viking Bear:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Thank you Sir ... long time lurker here, I decided it was time to come out of the shadows. Take care brother