MuleTeam Giveaway! WINNER ANOUNCED!!!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
mikey177

Re: MuleTeam Giveaway! WINNER ANOUNCED!!!

Post by mikey177 »

Congratulations, Rick. I like the Mule with the red scales too.

Thank you, Mr. legOFwhat, for having this fun giveaway.
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

Congratulations, Rick.
Thanks again for your generosity Mr & Mrs Legof...
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
PStone

Post by PStone »

Congrats Rick! We know it’ll get run through it’s paces for sure. Looking forward to your pics!

And big thanks to Mr and Mrs Leg for putting this on!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:07 pm
What an honor ....

Rick, are you plan on using the Mule at your work like your folders? So we can read about your real-life-feedbacks?
And CAN you even do this? I recall you saying that actually "officially" you weren´t even aloud to use your Spydies at work, right?
So a fixed blade (more obvious in carry and perhaps more "scary" in use for non-knife-people) might not even be an option?

Or will you rather try to keep it more pristine than you could in your work anyway?
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:29 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
What an honor ....

Rick, are you plan on using the Mule at your work like your folders? So we can read about your real-life-feedbacks?
And CAN you even do this? I recall you saying that actually "officially" you weren´t even aloud to use your Spydies at work, right?
So a fixed blade (more obvious in carry and perhaps more "scary" in use for non-knife-people) might not even be an option?

Or will you rather try to keep it more pristine than you could in your work anyway?
I love that this knife will come with a sheath, so I'll be able to safely "carry" it. Depending how large it is, and the size of my jacket/hoodie this time of year, I may be able to conceal it. Otherwise I plan on bringing it in my bag.

I'm definitely going to use it at work the first week I get it, we're running on more of a skeleton crew at the mill these days with a lot of big shots working from home, so it feels a little safer to play more dangerously ;)

I'm ecstatic about it though! I've never had a fixed blade, nor have I used this steel. I'm mostly concerned with being careful with these jaw dropping scales! My wife who normally rolls her eyes over a lot of knife stuff can't wait to see this one too :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:41 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:29 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I love that this knife will come with a sheath, so I'll be able to safely "carry" it. Depending how large it is, and the size of my jacket/hoodie this time of year, I may be able to conceal it. Otherwise I plan on bringing it in my bag.

I'm definitely going to use it at work the first week I get it, we're running on more of a skeleton crew at the mill these days with a lot of big shots working from home, so it feels a little safer to play more dangerously ;)

I'm ecstatic about it though! I've never had a fixed blade, nor have I used this steel. I'm mostly concerned with being careful with these jaw dropping scales! My wife who normally rolls her eyes over a lot of knife stuff can't wait to see this one too :)

Sounds great! :)
Can´t wait to hear your thoughts on the steel and design (and pros, cons and feel of a fixed blade for you generally)

Now on the scales... you probably know that I normally really don´t care about keeping my knives pristine or even like them to look used.
But in THIS case, well, it would be different for me and I would be absolutely concerned about not doing anything even slightly bad to the scales too... perhaps you could wrap some tape around them in harder use? Or even order the Spyderco scales and exchange the stunning red ones with those when your planning on using the Mule hard?
Seems like the scales of the red Mule you chose are screwed, right? (While on the blue one they look pinned, not sure on both though).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Yep, the Kirinite scales are removable, and I have a feeling Rick will be able to use this mule just fine ;)
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

The eagle has left the nest :D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:24 am
:D :D Can't wait to report back to this thread!! Hopefully the weather doesn't bog down the delivery! Thanks again for like 15th time Larry! :D
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
attila

Post by attila »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:40 am
legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:24 am
:D :D Can't wait to report back to this thread!! Hopefully the weather doesn't bog down the delivery! Thanks again for like 15th time Larry! :D
Congrats, Rick!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

With everything going on here I somehow completely missed this. Congrats Rick!!!! Cool knife to win. Also a big shout out to JR for passing on the win to someone else

Thanks again to legOFwhat for so generously sharing one of your creations
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Congrats, Rick!

Those are really beautiful scales! I only have one Mule right now but would dig something like that on a future model if you sell them.