Z-Max mule!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
izzoyournizzo

Re: Z-Max mule!

Post by izzoyournizzo »

I'm stoked about this Mule!!!! Give me all the steel!!!! I love my Spy27 and my CPM110v. I want more!
ArnAnders89

Post by ArnAnders89 »

MT30 will be 15V, or so I hope lol. Can’t wait for the Z-Max! Love me some high hrc steel!
elmeringalo

Post by elmeringalo »

and what happened to the MT14 ?. Will it exist one day or will it be forgotten forever?
No por mucho tempranar, amanece mas madrugo
archangel

Post by archangel »

elmeringalo wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:35 pm
and what happened to the MT14 ?. Will it exist one day or will it be forgotten forever?

Spydiewiki says:
SmartSelect_20210313-193124_Chrome.jpg
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

archangel wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:32 pm
elmeringalo wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:35 pm
Guessing it won't happen. The fact that nearly identical M390 and 20CV mules were indeed released leds me to believe there is a limit to how much we could learn, though having all 3 as close to identical in heat treatment as possible might be interesting.
Rwstubbz

Post by Rwstubbz »

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:43 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:30 pm
Jeez! Another one I want and I'm still waiting on SPY27...

This reveal looked slightly expensive for me.
I'm still wondering what MT30 will be. Sal has talked about protos in Rex-121, Vanax, and a 18% tungsten steel. The 18%w steel might be from ZAPP they seem to make a few types.

I hope that MT30 is vancron. It seems to be promising as a mule team hero.
Rwstubbz

Post by Rwstubbz »

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:43 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:30 pm
Jeez! Another one I want and I'm still waiting on SPY27...

This reveal looked slightly expensive for me.
I'm still wondering what MT30 will be. Sal has talked about protos in Rex-121, Vanax, and a 18% tungsten steel. The 18%w steel might be from ZAPP they seem to make a few types.

I hope that MT30 is vancron. It seems to be promising as a mule team hero.
elmeringalo wrote: and what happened to the MT14 ?. Will it exist one day or will it be forgotten forever?
Good question. I thought that I had just missed it. That would be a good one too. 204p seems more like a folding knife blade, but I'd love to test it.

Update:4\1\21... Okay now I hope that MT 30 is Magnacut. I've seen BBB's videos and wow, it looks super promising. The excitement over a brand new steel especially one that was designed by a knife steel nerd 🤓 is a feeling that you can't match. Thank goodness for Sal and Eric bringing these new steels to the public. There's a chance that without Spyderco, this steel would be nigh unobtainable for the random user\collector like myself. Thanks guys!
Just a hint though, Vancron would still be an awesome mule.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Now that MT31 sold out in less than an hour again (I think): is there a chance to produce significantly more of the Z-Max mule? I think it's safe to say that interest in the Z-Mule will be at least as high as in S45VN, if not much higher.
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

archangel wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:54 am
Now that MT31 sold out in less than an hour again (I think): is there a chance to produce significantly more of the Z-Max mule? I think it's safe to say that interest in the Z-Mule will be at least as high as in S45VN, if not much higher.
I decided to pass on the S45vn right before they went live. I hope Z-max goes a little smoother. If the quantity is the same then I doubt they'll last 5 mins.
spydie-fan

Post by spydie-fan »

Well being 0 for 2 Mules, I hope they order like 2,000 of these
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

I figured that the S45VN would be the least sought after of the announced mules. After the 11 minute mad scramble today, I think landing a Z-Max Mule is going to be a toss up. Probably 6 of the 7 minutes it took me to check out today was from server lag and waiting for the next page to load up, I had all the accoutrements already added to my cart and ready to go. I guess all you can do is try, but the Z-Max is definitely the mule I want most right now, so hopefully I'm wrong.
Last edited by Gtscotty on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Gtscotty wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:05 pm
I figured that the S45VN would be the least sought after of the announced mules. After the 11 minutes mad scramble today, I think landing a Z-Max Mule is going to be a toss up. Probably 6 of the 7 minutes it took me to check out today was from server lag and waiting for the next page to load up, I had all the accoutrements already added to my cart and ready to go. I guess all you can do is try, but the Z-Max is definitely the mule I want most right now, so hopefully I'm wrong.

Sal, Sir, are you listening? Are there chances to boost the quantity of this one? If the steel is already ordered, maybe even already in the house, please consider a second order and a second run/batch!
Michael
Knivesofaspyder

Post by Knivesofaspyder »

When is the speculated release date for this model? Some time in Q3?
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

archangel wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:36 am
Gtscotty wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:05 pm
I figured that the S45VN would be the least sought after of the announced mules. After the 11 minutes mad scramble today, I think landing a Z-Max Mule is going to be a toss up. Probably 6 of the 7 minutes it took me to check out today was from server lag and waiting for the next page to load up, I had all the accoutrements already added to my cart and ready to go. I guess all you can do is try, but the Z-Max is definitely the mule I want most right now, so hopefully I'm wrong.

Sal, Sir, are you listening? Are there chances to boost the quantity of this one? If the steel is already ordered, maybe even already in the house, please consider a second order and a second run/batch!
This is what Sal said about the next few mules.
sal wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm
Hi All,

The steel for the next 6 Mule Teams is already made so this problem is likely to persist for a while.

sal
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

After seeing how Z-Max compares to Maxamet in Larrin's most recent testing, I'm even more excited for this mule.
Worm

Post by Worm »

I had the same excitement for Z-Max after seeing the results.
Was holding back on Maxamet folders, though it is a great EDC steel,
but for my use preferences a bit too low toughness.

Patiently waiting for release date announcement.
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

These are two z-max and wear I have been waiting for.