MT06P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S35VN

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Got my order in for 1 knife + 3 clips to get to free shipping. (I still have some sheaths to make for my MT05P mules I bought earlier). Only ordered 1 knife since I've got to save a little money for some other Spyderco's I want :)
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

180 left, but only 2 sold in the last twenty minutes, so there's no rush.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

Got my order in for one. Now to wait and intercept the mail from the wife so i can stay alive.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Sequimite wrote:I got on immediately after the listing went on the catalog, so this may be the original total available. I've heard that up to 200 are put aside for the Collector's Club members, so I think no more than 450 were made. Sal hinted a while ago that there wasn't enough S35VN for a full run.
Think you heard wrong. Aside from the first one, the Mules have been an "opt in" model even for "all variants" members of the club. I'd bet considerably less 50 did so.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The Deacon wrote:Think you heard wrong. Aside from the first one, the Mules have been an "opt in" model even for "all variants" members of the club. I'd bet considerably less 50 did so.
The MT01 (52100) I got from NGK had a CC# on it. Either it was one of Mike's knives or it was one that the subscriber didn't want, not sure. I suppose the CC# makes it rare... :D ...but these are not collector fodder, at least in my hands.
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

So we are still probably talking about 300 or less. Nice. Does Sal & Team ever say? I don't recall the quantity being released with the last batch. Just some fun estimations.

This is my first Mule...well... I bought 2. So first two.
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Got my one. Did you guys get an email from SFO? I haven't gotten any this time.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

Oh yeah....I got my Mule! Now I have to find some nice scales for it, or learn how to do a nice paracord wrap handle.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Brian
OtisCampbell

Post by OtisCampbell »

dsmegst wrote:Got my one. Did you guys get an email from SFO? I haven't gotten any this time.
I got an order confirmation instantly in my mailbox..
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Did mine. Got a Harp instead of G-clips for free shipping, since I realized that I have lots of kydex and can just make my own. Doh.

Gordon
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

136 left, i have a feeling later tonight when people get home from work these will go quickly
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

Just received a shipping confirmation with tracking info.
JLS

Post by JLS »

I got mine. The website says they're down to 136. I don't know the starting quantity, but they're going fast either way.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

I had a quick confirmation and a little later (not much) a receipt of shipping. Spyderco's operations must be really on the ball. Hands down they build great products, but their order fulfillment seems to be operating at the same level. Quite a little company, I must say.

Wow - 136 left. Are we going to se a record on this one. Based on prior comments, it looks like this is probably 50% sold so far... 4 hours into it.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

I would guess that besides the usual Spyderco fanatics many people interested in testing S35VN must be buying this Mule.
jah

Post by jah »

I also got an email saying it has shipped!!!!!!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The Deacon wrote:Aside from the first one, the Mules have been an "opt in" model even for "all variants" members of the club. I'd bet considerably less 50 did so.
JNewell wrote:
The Deacon wrote:Aside from the first one, the Mules have been an "opt in" model even for "all variants" members of the club. I'd bet considerably less 50 did so.
The MT01 (52100) I got from NGK had a CC# on it. Either it was one of Mike's knives or it was one that the subscriber didn't want, not sure. I suppose the CC# makes it rare... :D ...but these are not collector fodder, at least in my hands.
As my earlier post suggested, all Collectors Club members received the first one. Am guessing the one you got was one of NGK's "house" numbers, which they would have received. It is "rare" in the sense there would be fewer numbered ones than un-numbered, but any of the later Mules with a CC# would be considerably rarer. After the first knife, "all variant" members were given two choices, "opt in" for all the Mules, or not receive any more. "Base model" members would have only received the first one. I would be surprised if NGK bothered opting in for the rest, since, IIRC, there is no dealer discount on the Mule Team knives and, unlike some dealers with an online presence, they don't put desirable knives on eBay hoping for a windfall.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

125 left at 5:09 CST.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
CaptainBeaky

Post by CaptainBeaky »

Got one :D

Hmmm - should I have bought 2? Would have made the shipping cheaper per blade, but too late now...

Now looking forward to Mule 6 and my fluffy ZDP Mule arriving :cool: - fingernails being chewed already :rolleyes:
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

There was free shipping for orders above 75$.