MT04P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring ZDP-189

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

MT04P will be available for sale on Friday, 10-Jul-2009 at 1000 (10:00 a.m.) MDT.

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet store online at http://www.spyderco.com.

Maximum Purchase Allowed: Unlimited

Cost: $79.95 each

Domestic Shipping: Standard Shipping rates apply. MT04P qualifies for the standard Free Freight (orders over $75)

International Shipping:

International shipments will be sent out according to our International Shipping Schedule:
Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $35
Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $50

International shipments will be via USPS International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.

About ZDP-189:
ZDP-189 blade steel is the hottest, hardest and highest performing Japanese knife steel in the knife industry today. 3% of its component ingredient is pure carbon and 20% chrome (unheard of chemistries twenty-years ago), making the steel harder and in turn extending its edge retention. This is done through a powdered metallurgic process. At press, Spyderco was one of a handful of cutlers around the world working with ZDP-189 blades

What is the Mule Team:
For those of you unfamiliar with our Mule Team Project, it is unique to Spyderco. In-house we call knife samples designed and built for testing and evaluation Mules. We know a healthy percentage of knife users are interested in different blade steels and their performance abilities. Running with that, we released an ongoing Mule Team Project. Several times per year we unveil the same single-piece fixed blade patterned knife in a different and exotic blade steel. This lets steel-obsessed knife knuts test, try and use something normally not offered to the industry. Product runs are limited to 600 – 1000 pieces of each steel type depending on foundry requirements.

Mule Blades are leaf-shaped with a sharpened and finished PlainEdge blade but with an unfinished handle providing a do-it-yourself opportunity. The unfinished handle has a series of holes for attaching custom handle scales or for wrapping with para-cord. Each piece is sold without handle scales or a carry sheath focusing the project on the blade steel. This opens endless creative possibilities for the owner to design their own handle scale and carry options.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Thanks, Kristi! If I mail a check in the morning, will you reject it if it arrives before Friday? :D
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
hickster

Post by hickster »

I'll take three each. :D
Hmm, African blackwood, black canvas micarta, and....?
hickster
gac

Post by gac »

Crap. I just burned my knife money.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Amazing price for the steel, heat treat, quality maker, and dollar/yen conversion, not to mention shipping costs. Thanks Sal and Spyderco. ! Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
MCM

Post by MCM »

Thanks for the ZDP heads up.
Am still in shock the S90v version didn't sell out by now!
I would have thought S90v would have been the big seller with M4 as a close 2nd.
Times must be tough. Either that or folks don't know what they are missing with S90v.
Its been around for yrs (10?) and everyone should know its virtues by now?
I have (2) M4, (2)S90v, and plan to pick up a ZDP.
Thanks again for letting us get in on these at fair prices.

MCM
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

Thanks Kristi.....I've been looking forward to this one.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
Mightyquinn

Post by Mightyquinn »

Can't wait to get my hands on some more ZDP!!!!! :D :D :D
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson

:spyder:Endura 4 ZDP-189 PS/ Delica 4 ZDP-189 PS/Orange Assist/CF Stretch/CF Sage/Ladybug Salt SE/SpydeRench/Para Military PE CMO/Para Military FG/Jumpmaster/Native OIF/Tasman Salt Yellow PE/Salt 1 Yellow PE/Tasman Salt Yellow SE/Salt 1 Yellow SE /Mule Team 52100/CPM M4/S90V/ZDP-189
Jeremy McCullen

Post by Jeremy McCullen »

I am in line.

Thanks
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Just in time! I'm just putting the finishing touches on my S90V Mule so I'll be ready for one or two of these soon.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

woot! that is all.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
whkento

Post by whkento »

Of course, I must have one! :cool:
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I've recently gotten bit by the Spyderco bug badly, and now want the upcoming mule as well. However, I'm not capable of anything other than wrapping it with paracord, so I'm wondering who are the decent knife makers that could finish the job for me? I like the work posted by CLB Designs. Who else should I look at?

Thanks,
Ira
tiagre

Post by tiagre »

I'll get one!
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

iwolf81 wrote:I've recently gotten bit by the Spyderco bug badly, and now want the upcoming mule as well. However, I'm not capable of anything other than wrapping it with paracord, so I'm wondering who are the decent knife makers that could finish the job for me? I like the work posted by CLB Designs. Who else should I look at?

Thanks,
Ira
Tom Krein here on the forums does excellent work and can definitely help you out.
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Hi Ira,

A few knife mechanics in here. The standout ones who post here a lot are STR and Tricod. I have had stuff done by Tricod and can stand by his work. Unfortunately nothing as yet done by the other knife tinkerers in here for me. Other knife mechanics can probably speak up here or in a separate thread to make yourselves known again. A fair few in here have great talent and pics of thei work looks :D :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Eighth of Eight

Post by Eighth of Eight »

ZDP! Awsome count me in. iwolf81, I send most of my costomize jobs to Scott Gere. He's a great guy and does beautiful work. His e-mail is scgere@aol.com if you need it. Yeah, ZDP! :D
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
D'fly PE - D'fly SE - S.P.O.T. PE - '09 Swick - Caly 3 SE - Native DLC SE - Manix 2 SE - Tasman Salt SE - Saver Salt SE - Dodo SE - MT05P - Centofonte 3 - Yin/Yang - Baby Goddard - MT06P -
Swick 2 - '09 Meercat - Superhawk - C101GPBL2 Blue Manix 2
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
HaroldB

Post by HaroldB »

189 is my recent Fav + I've gotten all the Mules so far.

Com'on Friday! ~;-)
4cweber

Post by 4cweber »

Great, just ordered mine :)
HaroldB

Post by HaroldB »

Me too.

Can't wait to slap on some scales an start slicing ~;-)