Who picked up a FACTORY SECOND MT02-M4 Mule???

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
type00rev

Who picked up a FACTORY SECOND MT02-M4 Mule???

Post by type00rev »

Who picked up a Factory Second MT02? I'm curious about the blems this run had. Are the blems as noticable on the M4 Mules, as they were on the MT01 52100 run?? Please post pics if you have them.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The one I bought had a perfect blade, a lot of blemishes on one side of the handle and what looked like a burr on the inside of the Spydie hole. Don't have an original picture and it currently has handles and some blade stains from use.
A.M.

Post by A.M. »

I just ordered one last week, got it on friday. It looks perfect to me, no blemishes. The only defect I found was slight divot on the back of the thumb ramp. I'll try to post pics later.
alexcue

Post by alexcue »

isn't the divot what marks it as a "second"?
A.M.

Post by A.M. »

Yes, the said "divot" does qualify it as a second but I'm saying there are no major blemishes, scratches, rusting, spotting or anything else wrong with it. It looks like a stamping or machining defect.
alexcue

Post by alexcue »

Sorry if i wasn't clear. The divot is added by the factory on purpose to designate it as a second. That's what I'm trying to say, but didn't do a very good job.
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

If i'm remembering correctly I talked with Sal one day and he said that the main reason for seconds on the M4 was a problem with warping out of flat. So the knife is effectively perfect, it just might have a slight bend... All the ones I have seen havent been visible, but required measureing to find.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

Tricod wrote:If i'm remembering correctly I talked with Sal one day and he said that the main reason for seconds on the M4 was a problem with warping out of flat. So the knife is effectively perfect, it just might have a slight bend... All the ones I have seen havent been visible, but required measureing to find.
That would explain the lack of visible defects like on the 52100 Mules. Thanks much Tricod, for the input.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||