MT39P – CPM 15V Mule Team Dropping Soon!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Ramonade

Re: MT39P – CPM 15V Mule Team Dropping Soon!

Post by Ramonade »

jmj3esq wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 3:13 pm

One for me and one for my dad:
I did the same for the MagnaCut Mules I bought, my dad who knows little about steel is still amazed at how good the MagnaCut holds an edge, even through intensive tasks ! It's a good gift :grin-smiling-eyes
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Guts

Post by Guts »

electro-static wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:58 pm
Guts wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:05 pm
Patiently waiting on my shipping notice, but congrats to those that got them already. Gonna need to find or make some brown scales to go with the BBB 15V aesthetic.
Glad to know I’m not alone waiting for shipping.
Just got the shipping email. Hopefully you get yours soon too.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Just received my pair. Nice! Halpern G10 scales en route for one blade.
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

I got my 15V Mule in today. Handle hardware fit fine. Only issue was a sizeable burr on the edge. Will have to resharpen before using. Which isn't a problem for me, but something to look out for if folks intend to use the factory edge. Definitely a larger burr than I'd want to take off on a strop, needs some stone time. I'll take care of it in a couple days when I get the time for that.

It does have the nice stonewash finish, like the 15V folders.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

Guts wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:09 pm
electro-static wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:58 pm
Guts wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:05 pm
Patiently waiting on my shipping notice, but congrats to those that got them already. Gonna need to find or make some brown scales to go with the BBB 15V aesthetic.
Glad to know I’m not alone waiting for shipping.
Just got the shipping email. Hopefully you get yours soon too.

I got mine too, so happy. Especially after seeing BBB QC his himself. Seriously, what type of black magic wizardry is is HT? It has three Sig Figs, no one has that
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I got my shipping confirmation last night. SFO must have been busy getting 1000’s of packages packed and shipped.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

Mine was just delivered. I ordered the handle kit from Spyderco and I cannot get the spacers to fit into the handle.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

fanglekai wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 1:33 pm
Mine was just delivered. I ordered the handle kit from Spyderco and I cannot get the spacers to fit into the handle.
It’s a imperial measurement thing :zany

Sand the barrels with a bit of 600 wet and dry sandpaper
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
bob-atlatl

Post by bob-atlatl »

Mine came today, 17° per side and plenty sharp.
My simple cutting test of a few cross cuts on 550 paracord was good, but not great.
Plans are to diamond sharpen it to 15° per side to a near polish, in the near term.
... rule #9 ...
razorburn

Post by razorburn »

Go a shipping notification Thursday afternoon. During to arrive next week.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Mine will arrive when it arrives. Recently even with an e-mail to the SFO i dont necessarily get the second tracking number for USPS international shipping.

But it always gets there, thats whats important 😁
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
bob-atlatl

Post by bob-atlatl »

A quick observation: comparing the AEB-L mule to 15V mule, the 15V is noticeably better finished on the tang for tang edge and hole edge chamfering, fwiw..
... rule #9 ...
olywa

Post by olywa »

Mine arrived yesterday along with handles and sheath. I had no fitment issues with handle, though the Boltron sheath has a little rattle and less than positive retention 'click'. It was fairly sharp with a nice even grind. I gave it a good workout on the Sharpmaker at 15 degrees, from CBN thru ultra fine ceramic.

I'm pleased with the result and now it's time to put it to work. I'm also considering taking it down to 10 degrees on the Galley V starting with the CBN rods from the Gauntlet, but I think I'll leave that in the consideration queue for now. Maybe someone has done this and can share their findings?
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

sal wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:43 pm
We were asked to make a Mule with Shawn's heat Treat, so we did. Where we go with 15V is sill a question, but this Mule will give some an opportunity to compare this steel/heat treat to other steels in an "Apples to Apples" format.

sal
Makes a lot of sense in that regard, especially if anyone may happen to not favor any of the three sprinted folding models released (so far :winking-tongue).

Perhaps the Manix, PM2 and Shaman just took the edge off of the 15V MULE craze, as it took me a bit over an entire break at work to secure an order, due to the connectivity issues/server overload. To be fair, my employer provides p*ss poor connectivity to the internet at my establishment. Irregardless, I too, am a bit surprised that the availability of this MULE lasted quite as long as it did.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I got mine yesterday with some Halpern Titanium scales (flat natural micarta).
I really love the knife and the scales.

The edge on mine was nice and only had a very small section of burr that reflected light. It was barely visible when looking at it through my new 12x loupe that also came in the mail.
I’m finally able to get a good look at things like knife edges and microfossils.
I might still get a 15x or higher magnification, though.

A few passes on the fine ceramic and the burr is gone. The angle seems like one of the more consistent edges I’ve received.

Can’t wait to try this kind of steel in a fixed blade. I have a kydex sheath on the way and will hopefully post pictures after I receive it.

First cut was a Cuban sandwich for dinner, but I will use it a lot.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

Jeez, my tracking number has just said, "Label created" and nothing else for three days. I hate UPS.
GeneH

Post by GeneH »

kennbr34 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:08 pm
Jeez, my tracking number has just said, "Label created" and nothing else for three days. I hate UPS.
I'm just assuming the electronic label is in the system and Spyderco doesn't actually have the boxes checked into the UPS system yet. Not that I haven't been checking UPS all hours of the day and even last night. ;)
1095 AUS8 S3 154CM VG10 Nitro V and now - 15V Mule! :bug-white-red
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

Just got home from work and mine was waiting on the porch!
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Striple765Rider,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

olywa wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:55 am
Mine arrived yesterday along with handles and sheath. I had no fitment issues with handle, though the Boltron sheath has a little rattle and less than positive retention 'click'.

These sheaths seem to break in and wear to the handle with use. My MagnaCut Mule has had about a year and a half of fairly consistent use and it pops into the sheath very smooth and secure, and only has a tiny bit of jiggle which is more likely due to me grinding off the guard nub. I remember for the first month or so of use I was constantly finding kydex debris on the knife that was wearing as it was drawn and sheathed. I think I'll try my 15V in that older sheath to see how it goes.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David