Mules revival concept sketch

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Odin1903

Mules revival concept sketch

Post by Odin1903 »

This post is something of a redux. My first one ever here (some luck!) got buried over the weekend so I'm offering again. SSL issue and the Mulling over the Mule post is way down the list (original posting). Excuse me if this is poor form.

I designed a blade. I used the PM2 handle first as an ad hoc handle and posted on BladeForums with some positive comments and just now with the Military, see below. I hoped this might be an interesting take on a clip point, a classic American design of which I am immensely fond. Sort of a slanted design with a recurve. I thought this blade might be interesting on its own or as a revival of the Mule fixed in a new design or as an entrant for a folding Mule. If fixed, it needs a lower guard added. It really is a Military size blade. I could see this go either fixed or folding, though I imagined as fixed originally. Would be great to tote around in a sheath with G Clip. Mahalo for looking!
TazKristi

Re: Mules revival concept sketch

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Odin1903:
Welcome to our forum! I'm sorry there aren't any images attached to your post. Could you try to either edit the post or post in a comment?

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Rwstubbz

Post by Rwstubbz »

Odin1903 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:11 am
This post is something of a redux. My first one ever here (some luck!) got buried over the weekend so I'm offering again. SSL issue and the Mulling over the Mule post is way down the list (original posting). Excuse me if this is poor form.

I designed a blade. I used the PM2 handle first as an ad hoc handle and posted on BladeForums with some positive comments and just now with the Military, see below. I hoped this might be an interesting take on a clip point, a classic American design of which I am immensely fond. Sort of a slanted design with a recurve. I thought this blade might be interesting on its own or as a revival of the Mule fixed in a new design or as an entrant for a folding Mule. If fixed, it needs a lower guard added. It really is a Military size blade. I could see this go either fixed or folding, though I imagined as fixed originally. Would be great to tote around in a sheath with G Clip. Mahalo for looking!
You've got me curious now.
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

Odin - keeping audiences in suspense since 1903.
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

tcarltonw wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:37 pm
Odin - keeping audiences in suspense since 1903.

After a couple minutes of detective work, I found these. I assume they're what he's referring to:

Just to fully clarify, I did not draw these...

Edit: It's almost the exact blade shape of the Kizer Grazioso
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Odin, Tcarltonw,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Giygas,

Thanx for finding and posting Odin's sketch.

sal