*Shipping to Australia & New Zealand Suspended*

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
w3tnz

Re: *Shipping to Australia & New Zealand Suspended*

Post by w3tnz »

Hi @TazKristie

Is this restriction still in place, and if so will it affect AUS/NZ members from participating in the calendar contest? Thanks
blade4sell

Post by blade4sell »

To my understanding Australia is good. I’ve shipped a few packages USPS to Australia and got through.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Fwiw I’ve personally never had any issues receiving in Nz either, nor am I aware of any additional restrictions from the local post. Rates and delays have both increased slightly, but it’s a Spyderco decision to ship or not.

It’s about $50 usps priority or $40-$50 fedex econ/priority here from other vendors, fedex is great service to boot.
I can understand them not wanting to pay that to ship a free calendar or the like, but for a knife it’s not unreasonable, especially since the buyer would be paying..
standy99

Post by standy99 »

It did get to a stage where it was $89 to send a $50 Mule so I can see the reason. Still not like it used to be at $25-$30

Hear they are working on it before next Mule drop :usflag :bug-white-red :bug-red-white
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

w3tnz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:33 pm
Hi @TazKristie

Is this restriction still in place, and if so will it affect AUS/NZ members from participating in the calendar contest? Thanks
Hi, w3tnz:
We're currently reviewing it. We're getting some conflicting information, so we want to ensure we're accurate before we lift the restrictions on the site. I'll remove the pinned post and let everyone know when it changes.

Thanks much!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Ranger000

Post by Ranger000 »

WHY THE HOLDUP !!??

TOO MUCH BUREAUCRACY......

Is USPS shipping to Australia again?
Effective Friday, June 3rd, 2022, the Postal Service™ will resume acceptance of the following services destined to Australia. Effective Friday, July 1st, 2022, the Postal Service™ will resume acceptance of the following services destined to New Zealand: First-Class Package International Service (FCPIS)

And here is USPS confirmation of NO disruption to either Australia or New Zealand.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service ... elcome.htm
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Thanks TazKristi, for the update.

I was recently able to get some cheaper usps rates from two dealers, 1 spyderco knife ea.
One is coming usps first class intl at $15.99, and other usps priority intl at $36.99.

When first class was previously available, delivery time was comparable to priority, but can report back once delivered.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

We have (happily) lifted the restrictions on Australia and New Zealand!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Yay, happy for folks who can order straight from SFO again. It reminded me that for all our issues, I am lucky to live in the same country with the folks in Golden.