Who got a Maggie mule? (Magna Cut)

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Rinzler

Re: Who got a Maggie mule? (Magna Cut)

Post by Rinzler »

cycleguy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:02 pm
troutinCO wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:54 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:33 pm
Cool stuff these mules ... but they always have been! Hope you all were on the bandwagon to keep the program alive when its future was looking grim!!!!!!

My credit card was hacked shortly after I made the purchase; coincidence???? Glad it didn't happen any sooner or I could be muleless. I'll carry cash for backup next time.
Your card was hacked from in store purchase? I should go lock mine down now then.
Was the only place the card was used today. Last used online (Amazon) in the middle of the week. Can't say if there is any relationship or not, it gets used all the time and everywhere I go. I'm driving home and get notice on my phone of approx $1800 charge at a Denver clothing store. ?????
Interesting… off to check my card.

I checked and everything looks gtg. Maybe your card was compromised earlier in the week?
Last edited by Rinzler on Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
z1r

Post by z1r »

cycleguy wrote:
Cool stuff these mules ... but they always have been! Hope you all were on the bandwagon to keep the program alive when its future was looking grim!!!!!!

My credit card was hacked shortly after I made the purchase; coincidence???? Glad it didn't happen any sooner or I could be muleless. I'll carry cash for backup next time.
Were you in the yellow jacket, least I think it had yellow on it. not far behind the couple with the stroller?

Coincidentally, I got a text from PayPal first thing this morning with a password reset code. One I never requested. I quickly got on my computer and changed the PW. Hope you get that sorted out.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Pokey wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:18 pm
Looks like they include a new size sticker, too.
Awesome sticker! :bug-red
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

I think I got one. I got a shipping notice after several invalid attempts at the payment screen. I'll be happier when I have the cold hard steel in my tired, cramping hand!
z1r

Post by z1r »

troutinCO wrote:
I was number 4 in line at the store, then a guys wife cut in with him, so then I was 5th. There were maybe 15 behind me when I got up to the counter and paid. I wandered around to see if I could force more cash out of my pocket but was not forced to this time. :squinting-tongue
In the John Deere hoodie? I was in front of that couple, in shorts, lol. Who would imagine?

I couldn't find anything else I had to leave with either and instead, went online to Blade HQ when I got to work and have the Mint N5 on the way! All in all, a good day!
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

troutinCO wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:54 pm
cycleguy wrote:

Your card was hacked from in store purchase? I should go lock mine down now then.

I forgot to lock mine after I got home, so I just did. No bogus charges, though.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

z1r wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:51 pm
troutinCO wrote:
I was number 4 in line at the store, then a guys wife cut in with him, so then I was 5th. There were maybe 15 behind me when I got up to the counter and paid. I wandered around to see if I could force more cash out of my pocket but was not forced to this time. :squinting-tongue
In the John Deere hoodie? I was in front of that couple, in shorts, lol. Who would imagine?

I couldn't find anything else I had to leave with either and instead, went online to Blade HQ when I got to work and have the Mint N5 on the way! All in all, a good day!
I had the grey zippered hoodie just behind that guy. I think I parked next to you though in my truck when I pulled up. Lol! I was hoping they might have had a Gayle Bradly in but I didn't see one. Stretch 2 in k390 was also on my list and it wasn't on the shelf either. Oh well next time I guess I had spent enough already.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

My order went through.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

You guys should have just asked who in line was a member of the forum and see how many people responded, that could have been fun haha.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Even though the process was frustrating for most, I still am so grateful to Spyderco for having the Mule team project with its incredible price for a Spyderco knife, giving us access to steels that are hard to come by. Thank you Spyderco team and Sal.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
grubetown

Post by grubetown »

I'm on the mule train!
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:11 pm
You guys should have just asked who in line was a member of the forum and see how many people responded, that could have been fun haha.
Need to either set up some kind of secret forum handshake or do it like you're meeting a source in a spy novel and say anybody who goes to the SFO must wear a blue baseball cap and carry a backpack on the left shoulder so their contacts can identify them.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Chleiti wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:39 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:11 pm
Need to either set up some kind of secret forum handshake or do it like you're meeting a source in a spy novel and say anybody who goes to the SFO must wear a blue baseball cap and carry a backpack on the left shoulder so their contacts can identify them.
Haahahah!
Mendozamike89

Post by Mendozamike89 »

It took me an hour of refreshing and did not load pages but I finally got through ! Talk about anxiety and I got the knife and shipping for $69 with 25% coupon! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME . Now I have the spy 27 n magnacut Mules n 15 different folders
:bug-white-red Mendozamike89 :bug-red-white
51 spyderco knives in 20 different types of steels.

My Top 3 EDC
-1- Smock s30v with black RGT micarta and lynch clip. With Skipp 3/16"1/16"11 ball bearings.

-2- Sage 5 lw (bladehq exclusive) with black m4 steel rit dyed dark green & black lynch clip to match

-3- Shaman with cruwear dlc (knife joker exclusive) with gray micarta RGT scales and long gray lynch clip.
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

I should have 2 coming, checked my credit card, nothing fishy there. :tonque-out
Mendozamike89

Post by Mendozamike89 »

Does anyone know how long it took to sell out this time?
:bug-white-red Mendozamike89 :bug-red-white
51 spyderco knives in 20 different types of steels.

My Top 3 EDC
-1- Smock s30v with black RGT micarta and lynch clip. With Skipp 3/16"1/16"11 ball bearings.

-2- Sage 5 lw (bladehq exclusive) with black m4 steel rit dyed dark green & black lynch clip to match

-3- Shaman with cruwear dlc (knife joker exclusive) with gray micarta RGT scales and long gray lynch clip.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

This one, MT35 will be my first.

It's going to be one heck of a test mule. I have been meaning to learn how to shape and fit handle scales, and make a sheath. It will probably start as paracord wrap and an inexpensive "one size fits most with this blade length" sheath so that it can be carried and used; then move onto probably G-10 and leather. Plus, it is MagnaCut--a steel so new, the MT35 is in fact the first factory-made knife (but still, not really mass-produced) with it.
LakeOconee

Post by LakeOconee »

I managed to get two from the online store.

One hour and six minutes of wait and stagger forward a bit, mixed in with a few backwards tumbles.

All worth it at the end.

Though these card hack reports worry me a bit...
:bug-red-white MNOSD Member #0037
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Mendozamike89 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:59 pm
Does anyone know how long it took to sell out this time?
It took longer because the site crashed so it won't be comparable to anything.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Burningcort

Post by Burningcort »

I got one and it is my first Mule bought my first spyderco in 1991 an Endura. Purchased from a small knife shop in the mall.

I remember for me it was a lot of money and hard to justify. Loved it but lost it while stationed in Korea in 1996. Replaced it with a Harpy a few days after I lost it.

I love their knives...