What bird knife handle is interchangeable with the delica four

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
Drizzy

What bird knife handle is interchangeable with the delica four

Post by Drizzy »

:bug-red-white :respect I'm wondering what byrd knife handle is interchangeable with a delica 4 ... I want to add a Signet ring to a byrd knife but all I can find is one for the delica 4 ..... I would just get a delica four but I live in Canada and the cheapest I can find them is around $200 and I can get most of the byrd knives for under 60 bucks ( cad ) and when I buy $150 plus knives I like them to not be lock backs like the Byrds or delicas just wanted to say that before somebody jumps down my throat and tells me to just buy a delica .... Preferably a byrd knife that has a wave opening but that's not a full requirement ..... I tried to see if it fit on the cara cara 2 wave opening and I just don't want to waste anymore money buying a knife that looks like it'll fit so if anyone knows if any bird handle is identical to the delica four and can help that would be great
Mushroom

Re: What bird knife handle is interchangeable with the delica four

Post by Mushroom »

It’s not possible. There are no Byrd knives that a signet ring for the Delica 4 will fit. You’ll have to buy a Delica 4 if you want to use a Delica 4 signet ring.

I would suggest checking prices at different Canadian retailers.

I do not shop on the Canadian market but I’m aware of Blades Canada - https://www.warriorsandwonders.com/inde ... ord=Delica
-Nick :bug-red
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Re: What bird knife handle is interchangeable with the delica four

Post by apollo »

I fear like Mushroom already said the 2 are not interchangeable.
Just out of curiosity why do you dislike lockbacks in more expensive knives?
In my own solid experience Lockbacks are still one of or even the most safe locking mechanism , especially the ones from Spyderco.