Need help in checking the authenticity of bird robin

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
millingmachine862

Need help in checking the authenticity of bird robin

Post by millingmachine862 »

Hi
Recently I have been browsing web in search of small EDC knife when I came across some byrd and spyderco knives.
However I am concerned that they might be fake as on the one of the offers on the byrd robin knife there are weird holes in the scales which are not present on the other byrd robin photos that I found online (I do not know wheter it is legal in my country to post someone pictures in forum posts so here is a link to the offer https://www.goods.pl/product/descriptio ... Y10P2.html). I am also concerned that the pirce of this knife is substantially lower then on the other offers i found online (on the possibly fake offer it is 149 PLN = 32,23 USD on the other websites the price is around 235 PLN = 50.83 USD). Also if I would be to buy this knife is there any way to check it's authenticity after I would have it in my hands (eg. does it come with certificate of authenticity printed on paper or something like special markings on the blades like victorinox knives have)?

Sorry if I made mistakes in spelling I do not come from english-speaking country

Thanks for all answers
Collection: C136GP
Sorry for my English, I am still learning.
Michael Janich

Re: Need help in checking the authenticity of bird robin

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear millingmachine862:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

millingmachine862 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:42 pm
Hi
Recently I have been browsing web in search of small EDC knife when I came across some byrd and spyderco knives.
However I am concerned that they might be fake as on the one of the offers on the byrd robin knife there are weird holes in the scales which are not present on the other byrd robin photos that I found online (I do not know wheter it is legal in my country to post someone pictures in forum posts so here is a link to the offer https://www.goods.pl/product/descriptio ... Y10P2.html). I am also concerned that the pirce of this knife is substantially lower then on the other offers i found online (on the possibly fake offer it is 149 PLN = 32,23 USD on the other websites the price is around 235 PLN = 50.83 USD). Also if I would be to buy this knife is there any way to check it's authenticity after I would have it in my hands (eg. does it come with certificate of authenticity printed on paper or something like special markings on the blades like victorinox knives have)?

Sorry if I made mistakes in spelling I do not come from english-speaking country

Thanks for all answers
Hi welcome to the forum.
I am no expert on the Robin but the knife on the site you mentioned seems to me that it is the original byrd Robin. About 99% of the pictures you get when you search for the robin are actually robin 2’s.
It is also possible they just to not update there website and i you buy it you will get a Robin 2 in the place. Happend to me before.
sonictek

Post by sonictek »

Millingmachine862... I know its reply to older post but anyway, "Hi" anyway...I have several Byrd knives similar to this one. They are 1st generation Byrds; the ones with stainless steel handles all have the three small holes (reverse of the Byrd logo hole on the blade). Take care!