The Name "Byrd" Knives

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
justjohn

The Name "Byrd" Knives

Post by justjohn »

Just sitting here contemplating my navel, and how Mr.& Mrs. Glesser came up with the name "Byrd" in Spyderco Byrd knives. I realize the knives are named after birds, my question is why choose birds for a knife theme. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
sal

Re: The Name "Byrd" Knives

Post by sal »

Hi Justjohn,

Gail and I live high in the Rockies (10,000') and we have many birds around our house. It all started with Dinosaurs evolving into birds over time. Our first lapel pins were dinosaurs with feathers and teeth. We felt that birds coming from dinosaur was special and ran with the concept.

sal
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me Mr Glesser. It seems I always have a ton of questions but very few answers.
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Justjohn,

That's why we're here.

sal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The goal in life is to be consistent like the sun and transparent like the air. That's how trust is built". tm
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I very much appreciate the nod to Dinosaurs, Sal! Coming from a newer customer who studies paleontology.
I agree that Birds’ prehistoric origin is indeed special. Dinosaurs never went out of style, they just changed with the times.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool: