My 1st Byrd - a Tern, colour me impressed!

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
ChrisinHove

My 1st Byrd - a Tern, colour me impressed!

Post by ChrisinHove »

Someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse for my Urban K390, plus I was concerned about its pivot durability, and so I needed a U.K. legal replacement for my work carry. My UKPK’s are too pricey or rare to abuse in the work environment so I ordered a Tern.

It arrived this morning, so is also my official corona-carry, and I’m very pleased with it’s size and fit for my large hands. A bit of a rinse, oil, and it’s action is also spot-on.

It has a much nicer handle fit for me than the Urban, with a great, positive action.

Too be honest, it’s not as well made as the Golden UKPK, but 2 minutes with some wet and dry, and a few bumps and corners on the G10 are unnecessarily sorted. The grind is OK, and clip is a bit misshapen if you look too closely, but for a worker this is a fantastic knife.
Nate

Re: My 1st Byrd - a Tern, colour me impressed!

Post by Nate »

Congrats! They are pretty nice. Had one briefly but ultimately gave it away since I have a lot of UKPKs.

The HH UKPK has provided some relief, but I always thought it was a little odd that for years the Tern has been the only regular g10 slip joint option available in the whole lineup. Beats nothing I guess!
:spyder: