Really happy with my first byrd

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
lunamix

Really happy with my first byrd

Post by lunamix »

Hi everyone, I just got my first byrd in the mail today and I have to say that I am extremely impressed with it. The fit and finish is great and the knife feels really light and well-balanced in the hand. I am seriously thinking about adding the titanium robin and cara cara as well.

jousmit19

Re: Really happy with my first byrd

Post by jousmit19 »

you will have many Byrd .
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Lunamix, yes, the 3 titanium Byrds are just fantastic in built and in performance. It is typical for Spyderco to come up with something so well built, with such a top notch quality and so out of the ordinary! These 3 Byrds are hierloom pieces.... No doubt in my mind about that. Basta! Needless to say that I enjoy my Ti Robin a lot.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Lunamix,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

The best built Byrd i have handled, and carried for a year straight - the Raven 2
Sal nailed it with that one IMO!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Nice!

Had this in the FRN version, amazing knife for the money!! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I think I may have missed out - hope there will be other Ti models in the future. I do see some places still have Ti Robins in stock, I loved my G10 robin and imagine this would have a similar quality and solid feel while being lighter.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I have found that it is still possible to get Titanium byrds if one looks around. I think one of them is available at the SFO, and it's marked down presumably for closeout to a similar price as some of the big knife vendors online.

I got a Cara Cara 2 and Meadowlark 2 and they are very nice. lighter and thinner than the SS version, a bit grippier, and still feel just as solid. thinking about swapping an Emerson Opener CC2 and a Hawkbill blade to each, respectively. will post pics if it works out - I saw a pic of a Ti Meadlowlark with a hawkbill blade on the "Which Spyderco is in your Pocket Today?" thread and really liked it, so I just ordered some blue loctite wax and soon I will probably swap them.

And I completely agree, byrds are great for their price. If it weren't for the advanced steel and awesome designs spyderco has, I would be pretty torn between some similar models. Really glad that both exist.