CROW 2

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
Daveho

CROW 2

Post by Daveho »

I had been considering the alcyone or polestar to try the bd1 butthe Byrd line is clearly a more value packed line up so I have a crow on the way.

:) great looking blade that’s been overlooked I’d have to say- not a lot of online reviews but really looks like solid little blade.
Bloke

Re: CROW 2

Post by Bloke »

Daveho wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:56 pm
I have a crow ...
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
sal

Post by sal »

"Life without humor is no fun".

sal
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Bloke wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:05 pm
Daveho wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:56 pm
I have a crow ...
Haha that’s what the crows are like around my way, magpies are the same actually- had one of those buggers walk into the house yesterday to sing his magpie song and beg for bread
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Had the crow, lock stick for days and plastic washers-
Sold it, I really am disappointed in this as it is a FANTASTIC knife but a higher quality item would make this a reall winner imho
TXZerb

Post by TXZerb »

I also have had trouble with lock-stick. Really bad. And unless I flick the blade open fairly hard, the lock-bar will barely slide onto the tang. On several occasions it has even failed to engage at all, enabling me to close the knife with out even touching the lock. I am the second owner so I am curious if I have any recourse at all, as far as repair or replacement.

Oh, and the when trying to adjust the pivot screw, the whole pivot just spins.

Other than the lock and pivot, this knife looks, and feels really nice. The opening action is smooth and the blade is centered. I really want this knife to use in my EDC rotation, but those flaws are keeping it in my Spyder Pack.
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

I don't think it has been overlooked. I think the finger choil on the Crow takes up a lot of the blade and I don't think many people like that. It's not a 50/50. The choil is like 2/3 blade and 1/3 handle on an already small blade. Like it or hate it, it's a very different concept for people.