Byrd stretch 2 model possibly?

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
Echefanthony

Byrd stretch 2 model possibly?

Post by Echefanthony »

Hi everyone I'm new here. I ordered a Byrd cara cara 2 a couple months ago and have been loving it ever since. Being a chef and familiar with knives I'm really impressed by the quality of it. I would really like a stretch 2 but the price is just too steep right now. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a possibility of a Byrd in a stretch model, frn. I think it would be an amazing seller, I know I'd buy two right away.
Anthony
sal

Re: Byrd stretch 2 model possibly?

Post by sal »

Hi Echefanthony,

Welcome to our forum.

We're working on a Stretch size byrd folder. The design is between the Cara Cara and the Meadowlark ( 3.5" blade). Probably close to a year away by the time we're shipping production.

sal
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Sounds good! :)
Echefanthony

Post by Echefanthony »

Wow, that sounds amazing. I have been looking at the stretch 2 a lot lately and for $95 it's just too much for me. I'd be using it for hunting and breaking down meats so a cheaper Byrd model really would be amazing. I can't wait to see this knife. I hope it's coming out soon, like I said definitely two right away. I think this would be a new best seller. Thanks Sal.
Uke

Post by Uke »

sal wrote:...We're working on a Stretch size byrd folder. The design is between the Cara Cara and the Meadowlark ( 3.5" blade). Probably close to a year away by the time we're shipping production...
Fantastic stuff! I wonder will this model actually resemble the Stretch (with a stouter blade and handle than the Cara Cara and Meadowlark) or is this more of a scaled down Cara Cara / scaled up Meadowlark with the same blade and handle profile as those two?
sal

Post by sal »

It will be its own design. Just resembles the Stretch in size. It's till a ways off.

sal
Uke

Post by Uke »

sal wrote:It will be its own design. Just resembles the Stretch in size. It's till a ways off.

sal
Thanks Sal, exciting stuff! I'll look forward to it.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Thank you very much and welcome to the forum, and sal thank you for the great answer.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Hi sal,

Is the Harrier 2 the one you mentioned?
Chris :spyder:
sal

Post by sal »

yes.

sal
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

sal, I am very thankful and appreciative that Spyderco will be producing this Byrd model in that size. At some point is it possible please, for Spyderco to make a Byrd version of the Stretch, with the same basic shape, but, with the Byrd design-spin and materials on it?