looking at a frn serrated hawkbill byrd

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
greencobra

looking at a frn serrated hawkbill byrd

Post by greencobra »

seriously looking at this knife based on the strength of an old crow i own with bcr13mov. the crow is currently the oldest knife i have continuously owned, 10 years maybe, and still going strong. has what appears to be aluminum scales and is partially serrated, the only full sized serrated blade i have. takes an edge easily and i learned to sharpen the se on it. i think i just talked myself into it, gonna head on over to kc and pull the trigger.
ShaneInDenver

Re: looking at a frn serrated hawkbill byrd

Post by ShaneInDenver »

You can't beat the quality of the knife you get for the cost. Mine gets the most use cutting boxes up for recycling and it chews through cardboard like a chainsaw. I touch it up on the sharpmaker once or twice a month. Great blade and it now has me wanting to grab a Tasman Salt.
greencobra

Re: looking at a frn serrated hawkbill byrd

Post by greencobra »

Great blade and it now has me wanting to grab a Tasman Salt.
i thought this would steer me away from the tasman in h1. the para 3 is my next purchase and i don't know how much i would use the serrated hawkbill to justify the additional cost between the byrd and tasman. honestly, i figured the money not spent would help finance the para. and i have no issues with the bcr13mov. speaking for myself, i can't buy everything i want so i have to make allowances.