Cara Cara Rescue in orange FRN? AWESOME, thanks Sal!

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
thombrogan

Re: Cara Cara Rescue in orange FRN? AWESOME, thanks Sal!

Post by thombrogan »

Tried copying and pasting links from an offsite photo page, but my phone refreshed and wiped out every cut and paste. After photo time, it was a lovely romp in the flower beds. The sheepsfoot tip was perfect for scooping out the roots of a thistle, but nothing else required knife work. Will try editing this post later to add the pics one by one. Wretched photos of a cute knife.

Crappy photos trying to show smoothness of satin finish.
Attachments
IMG_2867.JPG
IMG_2866.JPG
Sirens1

Post by Sirens1 »

thombrogan wrote:Tried copying and pasting links from an offsite photo page, but my phone refreshed and wiped out every cut and paste. After photo time, it was a lovely romp in the flower beds. The sheepsfoot tip was perfect for scooping out the roots of a thistle, but nothing else required knife work. Will try editing this post later to add the pics one by one. Wretched photos of a cute knife.

Crappy photos trying to show smoothness of satin finish.
Very cool! I can't wait to pick one up, it's only has a couple of models ahead of it.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Bumping an old thread, how's everybody's Cara Cara 2 rescues holding up?
Im interested in an orange one.
Anybody had any corrosion?
What have people been using them for when not rescuing damsels in distress?
alexct

Post by alexct »

I love mine. No corrosion, but I have been good about keeping it clean/oiled every so often, and no on the water use... I had it apart to soften the backlock spring and take down the sharp edge on the backlock a bit, its a pain to get together again, so don't do that unless you really need to.. Anyways, its amazing for cutting brush outside - even better than my hawksbill, I feel, since the grip on the CCR2 is so large - works very well with gloves on. This particular knife is also getting some use in the kitchen - It is the best knife to cut up crusted/hard skin on pork butts, pretty much as far away from rescuing damsels in distress as you can get, I guess....
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

Had mine a couple of years. No problems with it . It’s been in my pocket every time I am in the garden.
I also used it for fishing until I got an Atlantic about a year ago.
The only maintenance it receives is a rinse under warm water and a wipe down to dry it and sharpening on the brown stones of a Sharpmaker. No corrosion so far.
I really am impressed with byrd knives. Yes, they are made to fit a price point but In fit,finish and ergonomics they are worthy of comparison to other knives in the Spyderco fold.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I found the Cara Cara rescue model great in the garden as well. Somehow I missed this upon release, but it's available so I just ordered one. I ended up giving away my other SE rescue so this will be nice.