Raven 2 clip and Tenacious

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
Astrayco

Raven 2 clip and Tenacious

Post by Astrayco »

I'm looking to buy a deep carry clip for my Raven 2. It looks to be about the same distance for the screw holes as a tenacious, but might be slightly off? I can easily find deep clips for the tenacious, but don't own one to confirm the size. Would anyone happen to own both and confirm if the clips are the same, or give an exact measurement of the distance of the holes so I can compare?
Leadsled

Re: Raven 2 clip and Tenacious

Post by Leadsled »

Here is a picture of my Raven 2 with a deep carry clip for a Tenacious.

Removing the screws was a major pain. For some reason the Byrds come with the clip screws really tight. I broke my Craftsman Torx driver on the middle screw and stripped it with another driver. I need to get my free replacement and go with Wiha next. What I ended up doing was drilling the screw head and snapping the clip off, breaking off the head of the screw.. Using a pair of pliers I got enough purchase on the screw to remove it. Luckily this clip only requires two screws.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
Astrayco

Post by Astrayco »

Awesome thanks so much! I don't think I'll have a problem taking my screws out, I already took the clip off once to switch position.
Spydy33

Post by Spydy33 »

hey, that looks great
The Snowman

Post by The Snowman »

I'm sure Spyderco would be willing to send you new screws for free if you do somehow strip them, or if they start to rust up (which happened to me, in the good ol' humid South).
~Jonathan, the Snowman.