I use my knife for bad things.

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
BlkNsliver

I use my knife for bad things.

Post by BlkNsliver »

I got a Meadowlark 2 frn yesterday and already today I am using it for bad things. I cut into a large Christmas bag of Kit-Kats a few minutes ago. On the upside it did not seem to appreciably affect the blade in any way. This bodes well for the rest of the holiday season. :D
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: I use my knife for bad things.

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

The ultimate Holiday Spyderco Byrd Knife Test: Try to cut a slice of Fruit Cake with it :)
usar

Post by usar »

That is too funny a knife for all Seasons LOL !
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

I was amazed how a tenacious sliced thru pepperoni. ( gotta love English muffin pizzas )
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I knew a guy who had a Cara Cara.....he was attacked by three guys outside a department store, who were stomping him to death with their work boots.....The Cara Cara seemed to do a nice job on one of the attackers femoral artery....bet he wished he was attacked by Fruit Cakes...hmmm maybe he was.....Doc:)
gunnerjacky

Post by gunnerjacky »

I never used knives for combat purpose. I am a typical gun user. I got MA gun license from Boston and owned 3 handguns for myself in a period of one year. My interest in knife rejuvenated when I saw this forum. Now I want to do stuffs like martial arts with knives. Previously, I used knife only to cut vegetables in my kitchen.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

gunnerjacky wrote:I never used knives for combat purpose. I am a typical gun user. I got MA gun license from Boston and owned 3 handguns for myself in a period of one year. My interest in knife rejuvenated when I saw this forum. Now I want to do stuffs like martial arts with knives. Previously, I used knife only to cut vegetables in my kitchen.
Sounds a bit like me, three handguns, interest in Spyderco grew more because of the forum/reputation.... not sure about the martial arts though.
(Mint 1984 Sig P225 9mm, almost mint 1987 Walther P88 9mm and a S&W Model 18 .22 for fun (well, all are fun!) :)

I have a used Pacific Salt on the way, I will take it up to the cabin and use the heck out of it, it might get me into using my new Spyderco knives and not worrying about them so much.

cheers, John