Knife Repair

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
laswyguy

Knife Repair

Post by laswyguy »

Let me start by saying I'm new to knives and I got my first pocket knife two weeks ago, A Byrd Meadowlark 2 in G-10 from Amazon. The action was really gritty so I decided to take it apart and mess with it. Unfortunately I cant put it back together as its more complicated than I thought and what makes it worse is that two torx screws in the handle are stripped plus its now all in pieces. Can I get this repaired and send this to somewhere or someone? I wouldn't want to spend more than the cost of the knife? Any help would be appreciated.
farnorthdan

Re: Knife Repair

Post by farnorthdan »

Maybe give the mother ship a call, they could probably reassemble it for you, I've heard they get quit a few cases like this.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Gord

Post by Gord »

I broke the clip on my Meadowlark and they were really helpful.
E mail them and ask.

Gord
laswyguy

Post by laswyguy »

Thanks i will give customer service a shout.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Laswyguy, Gord,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Hey 20 years ago when I first got into folding knives I had similar issues!!! Spyderco will certainly help you.