Is there a BYRD in your pocket??

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
jmh58

Is there a BYRD in your pocket??

Post by jmh58 »

Cara Cara2 seems to be there most often since I got it a month or so ago.. Looking forward to the TI version!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Ecchi-Spud

Re: Is there a BYRD in your pocket??

Post by Ecchi-Spud »

At the moment, the only byrd blade I have is a Cara Cara 2 G-10. It's pretty much at the upper limit of what I can EDC, but it is in my rotation (other than multi-tools, the other blades currently in rotation are two smaller Spydies), and the CC2 is in my pocket as I type.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Lovin' my new Raven 2, sharp as ever out of the box. Haven't really had too much use with it yet just little stuff like cardboard, plastic water bottle and it worked well. The G-10 is "grippier" than my Tenacious and I gotta have the finger choil.
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Got the new Crow in mine right now, love it so far. I'll see how it does at work tomorrow...
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
sal

Post by sal »

I'm carrying a Raven 2 today.

sal
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

I'm carrying a Raven 2 today.

sal

Hi Sal, really like the Raven 2. I think I read that CTS-BD1 is similar to Gingami 1 steel? Beefy sharp blade on this Raven 2, thanks.
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

spyderg wrote:Got the new Crow in mine right now, love it so far. I'll see how it does at work tomorrow...
Worked great at work, really liking the steel over my Tenacious, my usual work knife. It isn't as smudgy and cleans up easier. Tenacious needs touching up on the edge after a day at work but the Crow 2's edge while no longer shave sharp, won't see the stone just yet. I did have to put a drop of locktite on the pivot as it loosened up, ( I'm a fidgeter and open and close the crap out of my knives).
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Playing around a little, might make some custom scales next. Homemade micarta or purple heart wood?
P6151000.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

FRN Cara Cara 2 today!! John

anagarika

Post by anagarika »

FRN Cara Cara 2 Every Day!
Chris :spyder:
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I tend to carry Byrds at work combined with a Spydie for light tasks.
Damage on a Byrd won't bother me as much as on a Spydie :p

Carrying this guy some more nowadays (Old pic), combined it with my CF Dodo today.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

My "classic" Cara Cara has become my EDC. Having carried an Endura for 25 years, the size and action of the Cara Cara are second nature. Bought one for my helper, too. One reason I chose the Cara Cara is that there is a pair of Cara Cara (Mexican Eagles) that have been migrating through our property for a number of years. They are wary and I can not get close enough to take a decent picture, but they are quite majestic. Here is a photograph by nature photographer Jeff Wendorff.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

sal wrote:I'm carrying a Raven 2 today.

sal

Sal, would you recommend the Byrd Rescue, Second Generation, for everyday carry and for cutting chores such as: Opening mail, cutting cardboard and string, cutting meats and cheeses and breads for sandwiches, spreading creamcheese and mayonaise on bread for sandwiches, and cutting pieces of cake and ice cream?
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

CC2! I love this knife. I usually back it up with my Delica 4. At that price point, I think the CC2 is better for me than anything under $50.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Not right now, but at times a Cara Cara 2 or a Meadowlark Hawkbill. My daughter sometimes carries her Robin. Thank God...er, sal for throwing FRN into this totally under rated line of knives. Back when they first came out, it was all SS or Aluminum handles IIRC. ;)

Be safe!
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

When I want to go a big bigger than my Ladybug I carry my Byrd Robin G10 regularly.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

jmh58 wrote:FRN Cara Cara 2 today!! John
Yep!! :cool:

RichJo86

Post by RichJo86 »

Cara Cara FRN here, was my first 'Spydie" knife. It's a bit to big to carry around at work for me, so my recently bought Chaparral is up for that task.
Moseng

Post by Moseng »

spydutch wrote:When I want to go a big bigger than my Ladybug I carry my Byrd Robin G10 regularly.
How it shall help you? I could not understand the reason to carry it along with you.
Moseng

Post by Moseng »

Double tap.