Recommendation? First Byrd?

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
Eightleggedfreak

Recommendation? First Byrd?

Post by Eightleggedfreak »

I am really liking the Byrds and I am looking to add 2 or 3 new ones to my collection. Any recommendations on what I should get first? Thanks !
GreatSyxsuke

Post by GreatSyxsuke »

I would recommend either the Meadowlark 2 or Cara Cara 2 as they are the equivalent of the two Spydercos that are most popular. I have a Tern and love it but you may not be a slipjoint fan. I had a bad experience with the Flight's edges being sharp and jabbing my hand when I reached into my pocket but that may have been an isolated incident. Any knife you choose is high quality and low cost so buy a few.
Current carry: Spyderco Squeak or Spyderco Pingo (Back right pocket), Paramilitary 2 Black G10 (front right pocket)

Future wants: Karahawk

"It's far better to carry and never need than to not carry and desperately need."
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

I second the Meadowlark2. Along with Robin2.
For $10-15 more I recommend the G-10 handles. The FRN Pattern on the Byrds are different then the Spyderco modals, for me they dig in too much.

Since you mention 2 or 3. Recommend as a 3rd recommendation the Wings (Comes as a Slipit or Back lock). Can't beat this one.
Blue Possum
Milkman

Post by Milkman »

I'd recommend a pattern that you don't normally use and/or want to try. For example, if you're new to hawkbills, the Crossbill or the "Hawkbill" model would be a good choice.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Get the Byrd Wings before they're gone! They've been discontinued so, if you are a fan of two-blade knives, gotta get this one! the one I have is the steel bolster, g10 model! The quality and sturdiness of this knife have to be felt, especially at this price! :eek:
eminaifu

Post by eminaifu »

please add the robin to your collection :)
[ATTACH]22940[/ATTACH]
Attachments
robin 40 75.jpg