Getting my Meadowlark 2 today

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
GreatSyxsuke

Getting my Meadowlark 2 today

Post by GreatSyxsuke »

It's going to be a long morning waiting for the Fedex delivery to bring the newest addition to my family: a FRN Meadowlark 2 PE. I am so excited about getting it. My only regret is that I'm afraid I should have bought the G10 version haha.
Current carry: Spyderco Squeak or Spyderco Pingo (Back right pocket), Paramilitary 2 Black G10 (front right pocket)

Future wants: Karahawk

"It's far better to carry and never need than to not carry and desperately need."
araneae

Post by araneae »

Well, what are your initial thoughts on your purchase?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
GreatSyxsuke

Post by GreatSyxsuke »

I owned a Cara Cara 2 previously and loved it so I knew what to expect. I really love it, it has been in my EDC since Tuesday. I have used it at work to cut tape, zip ties and canvas and it still has a very usable edge.
My biggest complaint is that the edges of the lock bar weren't filed down very well so they are a bit sharp when depressing the bar. I zip tie modded it and it works great. Definitely recommended to anyone on the fence about buying. If I had friends or family that were into knives, it would make an excellent gift. Sadly, I'm a lonely knife knut.
Current carry: Spyderco Squeak or Spyderco Pingo (Back right pocket), Paramilitary 2 Black G10 (front right pocket)

Future wants: Karahawk

"It's far better to carry and never need than to not carry and desperately need."