byrd wrench

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
endgame

byrd wrench

Post by endgame »

Just got the Byrd wrench cause finding the spydy wrench is going for $400 I got this one and love it.great erganomics. Loads of options and the price was right going to get another cause I think they are discontinued and most likely will clime in price.anyone else have one?
smeecogg

Post by smeecogg »

where did you buy it i have been looking for one
endgame

Post by endgame »

The bay for 59$ I will get the sellers name for you he has more then one
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
endgame

Post by endgame »

Well wish I found that first.lol
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

endgame wrote:Well wish I found that first.lol
LOL, I picked one up fast!!
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
endgame

Post by endgame »

I love it to
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Sierra Trading Post has Byrd Wrenches: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/byrd-b ... rFamily=99

The frequently run special discount offers for 25-35% off if you sign up for their email list.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I love mine and use it every day
endgame

Post by endgame »

? Is this for the wrench or did you post in the wrong thread?.a serrated edge is good for rough cuts but if you need a smooth cut you have to use straight edge.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

When I picked up my byrdwrench (2010 or 2011), the Spyderwrench was being discoed I think so both were less than usual. I chose the byrd because the :spyder: were all CE at the time and I chose PE over that (Would have chosen SE if i saw them available at the time). I think I paid about 45 bucks for mine + shipping (which was combined with some other items so iit was fairly negligable, maybe a few dollars per item). great tool - my only complaint is that the file/punch is a bit brittle - I was using it to tap some manner of pin out of a hole, and despite being rather gentle, the thin cylindrical end that slid into a hole about maybe 3/32" to 1/8" I guess, snapped off. Now the file won't stick in the handle and the wrench won't stay closed. Have been considering contacting W&R to see if they have spares but as easy as I found it to break I might be better off finding a smallish file that I can cut or snap to size and that should take considerably more force before snapping.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
sal

Post by sal »

We're considering a remake on this model with some mods. Any thoughts?

sal
endgame

Post by endgame »

yes add some torques to fit spyderco knivess and a serrated blades and a small diamond rod to touch up a blade.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I'd say the punch/file needs to be a little more robust. I broke mine tapping it fairly lightly with a hammer. I figured the main body of the wrench would be more sensitive, but I was wrong. :o In any case, I'm looking to find a replacement now - i would have sent the piece into W&R but I'm not certain as to its whereabouts. I will either modify a regular round file to fit or get a hold of you folks in time. It's a groovy tool and I like it. Will think about possible modifications.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Some good ideas in here. I'd like to see CTS-BD1 as the steel in a Byrdwrench revival, and if plain edge'd I'd have to acquire one. I have a Byrdwrench that's lived in the glove compartment of my truck for the last couple years. It's saved me a number of times from needing a tow.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
M80

Post by M80 »

I would pick one up :p