Who's using the G10 crossbills?

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
chuck_roxas45

Who's using the G10 crossbills?

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

So is anybody using the G10 crossbills? I have an SS crossbill that I carry occasionally and I really like this knife. Just too bad that I wasn't quick enough to get one of the G10 ones.

Pics would be good too. :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

My bro has one. I'm in your same boat Chuck. They are pretty nice and should have sold better.
JLS

Post by JLS »

I'll try to snap a picture tomorrow of my pair of them. I got a PE and a SE a few years ago and am very happy with them. They normally only get used for yard work since they carry a little wide in the pocket, but they're excellent. I didn't even realize they weren't in the lineup anymore. It is a pity since they're much "grippier" than the stainless models.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Me. It's one of a number of knives in my work rotation (Dyad, Wings, Crossbill G-10 PE, Assist, Meadowlark Hawkbill and Tasman). I don't really like the clip on it and the Flight, but otherwise the knife is good enough that I saw no reason to get a Superhawk when it was on clearance... I was really surprised when it, but not the SS handled version, was discontinued.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I sold mine to someone.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

If I had one, I would carry it. Will probably get the SS PE model, but will keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on the G10 unless another is introduced. I think a G10 Meadowlark hawkbill would be pretty sweet as well - I am a huge fan of knives with a choil when possible - I actually carry the hawkbill more than my Spyderhawk, mostly because the Spyderhawk is arguably longer than my state allows and I could afford to use the hawkbill more easily even though it should not qualify as too long under any NC interpretation I am aware of. I carry nice manix2s regularly and their edge is the length of the entire hawkbill blade, for reference (this is shorter than the Crossbill's edge). Have carried the beautiful and impressive Wings SlipIt more in recent times, as I really am starting to appreciate it. Will probably post something to that effect.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
JLS

Post by JLS »

Here is my SE, in it's natural habitat of my workshop. My PE is out on loan apparently.

42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

JLS wrote:Here is my SE, in it's natural habitat of my workshop. My PE is out on loan apparently.

Very nice!

Post by 224477 »

I have a SS PE Crossy and I like it. Carry it from time to time.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."