Man down

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
z1r

Man down

Post by z1r »

I seem to have lost my favorite Byrd, my trusty Hawkbill, Monday. When I work in the Garden Center I wear a lined flannel shirt that is great at blocking wind. It has a loop of material inside that two spare buttons are sewn to. Occasionally that loop catches the clip on the Hawkbill but I've always managed to catch it. Apparently not on Monday. :disappointed

Guess I'm off to the SFO this weekend for new one. In the meantime, my Harpy is taking over Garden Center duties.

RIP friend!
ChrisinHove

Re: Man down

Post by ChrisinHove »

Bad luck! I’m sure it’s replacement will do well.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Thanks, to be truthful, the low replacement cost, in addition to performance relative to that cost is one of the reasons I love carrying this as a "work" knife. Definitely got my money's worth out of it.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Sorry for you loss. And I totally agree the replacement cost vs performance ratio makes these almost unbeatable. My hawbill is a dedicated gardening knife. Just wish it came in orange FRN so it didn't get lost in the dirt so often.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Mondays, Amiright ?!

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Sweet! A Douglas Adams reference! Made my day!
Kale

Post by Kale »

Bemo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:14 pm
Sorry for you loss. And I totally agree the replacement cost vs performance ratio makes these almost unbeatable. My hawbill is a dedicated gardening knife. Just wish it came in orange FRN so it didn't get lost in the dirt so often.
Agreed, orange scales would make the Byrd Hawkbill and even better gardening knife. One model that already has orange scales is the Cara Cara Rescue, which is also pretty nice in the garden. It's surprisingly difficult to find good quality gardening knives.