Image Parser

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
RustyIron

Image Parser

Post by RustyIron »

Can we get some rudimentary image parsing capabilities on the forum?

My specific problem is that the forum rejects images taken with my iPhone because they’re too large. If I take a picture with my iPhone, I have to email it to myself in a small format, save the image on the phone, go back to the Spyderco Forum, and then upload the new image. It’s a cumbersome process.

Uploading the original image to one of the many image hosting services is equally cumbersome, and somewhat intrusive.

Several forum software packages will automatically downsize images to whatever size the administrator chooses. Can we get us some o’ that?
TazKristi

Re: Image Parser

Post by TazKristi »

RustyIron wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:10 pm
Can we get some rudimentary image parsing capabilities on the forum?

My specific problem is that the forum rejects images taken with my iPhone because they’re too large. If I take a picture with my iPhone, I have to email it to myself in a small format, save the image on the phone, go back to the Spyderco Forum, and then upload the new image. It’s a cumbersome process.

Uploading the original image to one of the many image hosting services is equally cumbersome, and somewhat intrusive.

Several forum software packages will automatically downsize images to whatever size the administrator chooses. Can we get us some o’ that?
Hi, RustyIron:
I can't make any promises, but I can look into it and see if it's something we can do with our current software. There are a ton of add-ons, but unfortunately, not all of them work well.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback! I appreciate you!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
RustyIron

Re: Image Parser

Post by RustyIron »

🙏🏼