Private Messages Outbox vs. Sent

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
TazKristi

Private Messages Outbox vs. Sent

Post by TazKristi »

I get questions regularly about sent Private Messages seemingly getting stuck in the Outbox. This isn't an error, and messages aren't stuck. It's actually a cool feature. ;)

When you send a private message it will go to your Outbox. It stays in your Outbox until the recipient opens the message. Once the recipient opens it, it will appear in your Sent box. Here's the cool part. While a message is in your Outbox, you can edit it - this allows you to make changes to your message up until the recipient opens it.

I hope this information helps!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
AlexRus

Re: Private Messages Outbox vs. Sent

Post by AlexRus »

I figured as much. Thank you Kristi!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TazKristi wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:13 pm

Kristi

Related question (didn't wanna make a new thread), I received got a PM and my box was full, so I deleted almost everything. Then I noticed it says I have 7 messages on hold? I don't think I've ever noticed that and it says they'll be released once I make enough room, which I definitely did. I'm wondering if people have PM'ed me and it seems like I'm ignoring them?

🫤
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:21 am
TazKristi wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:13 pm

Kristi

Related question (didn't wanna make a new thread), I received got a PM and my box was full, so I deleted almost everything. Then I noticed it says I have 7 messages on hold? I don't think I've ever noticed that and it says they'll be released once I make enough room, which I definitely did. I'm wondering if people have PM'ed me and it seems like I'm ignoring them?

🫤
"You are not authorised to read private messages that are on hold."

I'm getting this as well. Cleared out PM's down to 75% but still can't view new messages. Kristi?
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:30 am

I'm getting this as well. Cleared out PM's down to 75% but still can't view new messages. Kristi?
Hi, legOFwhat:
You might try clearing your cache. I've not seen that message before, but it sounds like a cache issue. Let me know if that helps.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:29 am
legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:30 am

Hi, legOFwhat:
You might try clearing your cache. I've not seen that message before, but it sounds like a cache issue. Let me know if that helps.

Kristi
That did it Kristi! Thanks!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049