Idle log out?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Josh Crutchley

Idle log out?

Post by Josh Crutchley »

I'm used to being logged out from no activity but today seems different. In the past when writing a really long post it would happen. Now it seems even after a short reply I have to log back in to post. It doesn't seem consistent though not sure if it's on my end. Any ideas?
TazKristi

Re: Idle log out?

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, Josh:
The forum does log users out if they've been inactive for one hour. It sounds like there may be an issue, though with your session cookies on the forum. Please try to clear your cache through your browser's settings. Alternatively, you can also click the lock icon in the address bar and then follow the next steps depending on your browser.

Firefox: click clear cookies and site data.

Chrome: click Cookies (Remove any cookies showing), and then in Site Settings clear the data (cookies) showing under Usage.

That should give you a clean slate and correct any issue with your session.

I hope this helps.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Josh Crutchley

Re: Idle log out?

Post by Josh Crutchley »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:10 pm
Hey, Josh:
The forum does log users out if they've been inactive for one hour. It sounds like there may be an issue, though with your session cookies on the forum. Please try to clear your cache through your browser's settings. Alternatively, you can also click the lock icon in the address bar and then follow the next steps depending on your browser.

Firefox: click clear cookies and site data.

Chrome: click Cookies (Remove any cookies showing), and then in Site Settings clear the data (cookies) showing under Usage.

That should give you a clean slate and correct any issue with your session.

I hope this helps.

Kristi
Just had it happen a few times. I login in to make a quick post then when I try to submit the post I have to login in again. This is all in the span of about 5 minutes.
Edit: it actually happened trying to post this lol.