How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
James Y

How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Post by James Y »

I've never been able to post pics online. More specifically, how can I post pics in this forum? I only have an iPad, and now a new Samsung phone (my first smart phone, which I'm navigating), but no laptop or desktop computer. Needless to say, I'm not overly tech-savvy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim
pantagana23

Re: How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Post by pantagana23 »

Either go to image hosting site like imgur and paste here as [ img ] link to the photo [ /img ] , or even simpler, when you press Full Editor & preview on this forum, scroll down from the window where you write and you'll see a tab Attachments.
Click there and upload your photo. It has to be small resolution, because the forum cannot take regular size of mobile photos (3-7 MB)

Edit: when writing img, leave out the spaces I made; I put them there because I cannot show otherwise.
James Y

Post by James Y »

pantagana23 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:41 pm
Either go to image hosting site like imgur and paste here as [ img ] link to the photo [ /img ] , or even simpler, when you press Full Editor & preview on this forum, scroll down from the window where you write and you'll see a tab Attachments.
Click there and upload your photo. It has to be small resolution, because the forum cannot take regular size of mobile photos (3-7 MB)

Edit: when writing img, leave out the spaces I made; I put them there because I cannot show otherwise.

Thanks, pantagana23. I will give it a try.

Jim
vivi

Post by vivi »

hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I have big hands. :unicorn
James Y

Post by James Y »

Thanks, vivi.

I tried postimages and uploaded my pic, but when I try to post it here, it doesn’t do anything. Or if I try attachments, it always says “file too large” and doesn’t accept it. Is it because too much of the photo is taking up the screen? Or too much detail in the image? It doesn’t seem any larger or more detailed than many pics I’ve seen posted here. I can’t even get it to post a link to the pic.

I tried both methods that you and pantagana gave me, and I suppose the image is too large (even though it doesn’t look large). Very weird. I’m sure the solution is easy, I just haven’t gotten it. In the meantime, I’ve deleted the photo I had chosen off of the postimages site.

Jim
vivi

Post by vivi »

James Y wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am
Thanks, vivi.

I tried postimages and uploaded my pic, but when I try to post it here, it doesn’t do anything. Or if I try attachments, it always says “file too large” and doesn’t accept it. Is it because too much of the photo is taking up the screen? Or too much detail in the image? It doesn’t seem any larger or more detailed than many pics I’ve seen posted here. I can’t even get it to post a link to the pic.

I tried both methods that you and pantagana gave me, and I suppose the image is too large (even though it doesn’t look large). Very weird. I’m sure the solution is easy, I just haven’t gotten it. In the meantime, I’ve deleted the photo I had chosen off of the postimages site.

Jim
After you take your photo and upload it, it takes you to this page:

All you have to do is copy and paste the direct link, then use the image brackets. Quote my post to see how the brackets work.

hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I have big hands. :unicorn
James Y

Post by James Y »

vivi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 pm
James Y wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am
Thanks, vivi.

Jim
After you take your photo and upload it, it takes you to this page:

All you have to do is copy and paste the direct link, then use the image brackets. Quote my post to see how the brackets work.

Wow! Thanks for the clarification! It worked (I posted some photos in the Martial Arts Experiences Discussion Thread).

Will the images still remain posted here if I delete them off of the postimages site? I did not start an account there.

Jim