Disappearing posts

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
JRinFL

Disappearing posts

Post by JRinFL »

I have made a couple of posts, one just today, that seem to disappear after I post them. Is it a glitch or am I violating some rule? Is it because I am using a VPN to access the site?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TazKristi

Re: Disappearing posts

Post by TazKristi »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:35 am
I have made a couple of posts, one just today, that seem to disappear after I post them. Is it a glitch or am I violating some rule? Is it because I am using a VPN to access the site?
Hey, JRinFL:
Which post from today are you unable to see? I see 10 posts from you today so far. We haven't removed anything and you aren't being moderated in any way. If we were to remove a post due to a rule violation, you'll receive something from us explaining why. If you can tell me which post from today, I'll take a look.

Thanks!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Hi Kristi,
I had posted today on the "KnifeJoy Exclusive Spyderco Para 3 CPM-20CV DLC blade, Grinch Green G10" thread. Now I do not see it. It was nothing critical, just weird to have it go poof.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:10 pm
Hi Kristi,
I had posted today on the "KnifeJoy Exclusive Spyderco Para 3 CPM-20CV DLC blade, Grinch Green G10" thread. Now I do not see it. It was nothing critical, just weird to have it go poof.
I think I know what might have happened. If, while you are typing a reply and then click submit, someone else posts, the forum will alert you to the new post prior to posting yours. At that point, you can choose to edit your post or go ahead and post it as-is. But, you do have to click submit again. If you don't and just navigate off of that page, your post is lost. I believe this is likely what happened with your post.

I hope this helps.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

That must be it. PEBCAK error on my part. ;-) Thank you for looking in to it!
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:32 pm
If, while you are typing a reply and then click submit, someone else posts, the forum will alert you to the new post prior to posting yours.
Yup, I'm sure I've lost posts for just that reason.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

I've posted and then have to wait for moderator approval. I can see how that may be necessary but the last two or three have been lost in limbo for days. I think I'll just read and research. No fun here if there is that much restriction.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Also. I've not received word back one way or the other. The first few posts went through and then nothing.