Question specifically for Android/Gboard users

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Evil D

Question specifically for Android/Gboard users

Post by Evil D »

I'm on the latest version of Android and use Google Keyboard, and sometimes specifically on this forum it does some weird stuff. I'll try to edit a line and it jumps to a different part of the sentence or I'll try to backspace and it jumps a few letters back, it's really strange. I switch to Samsung Keyboard and this issue goes away. Any ideas? I really prefer Gboard but this is so annoying.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TazKristi

Re: Question specifically for Android/Gboard users

Post by TazKristi »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:17 am
I'm on the latest version of Android and use Google Keyboard, and sometimes specifically on this forum it does some weird stuff. I'll try to edit a line and it jumps to a different part of the sentence or I'll try to backspace and it jumps a few letters back, it's really strange. I switch to Samsung Keyboard and this issue goes away. Any ideas? I really prefer Gboard but this is so annoying.
Hey, David:
I'm using Gboard and haven't had any issues. I'm on an S21 Ultra running the latest version of everything. Have you tried clearing the Gboard cache?

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I typed this on my S10 using Gboard. No issues here either.

Now I'm just testing Gboard to see what advantages there might be over the Samsung keyboard that I'm used to. So far I'm not seeing why I'd change
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

So a little update on this. I was actually using Firefox/Gboard not Chrome. I tend to go back and forth with the two browsers depending on which one has the latest and most effective pop up blocking options. I've since switched back to Chrome/Gboard and will see if the issue persists.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David