Searching the Forum

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
TazKristi

Searching the Forum

Post by TazKristi »

Unfortunately, the search tool on most forums is a challenge. On ours, with such a busy forum, it's even worse because so many words can be excluded as common. And for anyone wondering, the timer is a means to prevent an attack on the forum server (imagine if hundreds or thousands of bots attempted multiple repeating searches on the forum - we've seen it happen and it can crash a forum).

The best recommendation is to use Google to search the forum.

It's simple and reliable. Simply type site:forum.spyderco.com endura into a Google search (changing the bold word to whatever you're searching for).

Happy searching!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JRinFL

Re: Searching the Forum

Post by JRinFL »

If you don't wish to be tracked by the G, you can use the same trick with Duckduckgo.com and other search engines.

Don't feed the Google! ;)
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
alphaneuron9

Post by alphaneuron9 »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:09 pm
If you don't wish to be tracked by the G, you can use the same trick with Duckduckgo.com and other search engines.

good recommendation
Alex
Scientia et pax
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:09 pm

Amen to that! I avoid Google to the extent I can.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189