Search engine - word too common

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
pantagana23

Search engine - word too common

Post by pantagana23 »

Hello,
I've been trying to find a Delica thread so I don't open another without a reason, if there is one already opened, but when I put the word "delica" in the search box, the result says that the word is too common.

I just can't search through pages and pages, and see no other option - this, or open a new thread.

Please advise.
rangefinder

Re: Search engine - word too common

Post by rangefinder »

Have you tried this? (From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87939)
TazKristi wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:35 am
Unfortunately, the search tool on most forums is a challenge. On ours, with such a busy forum, it's even worse because so many words can be excluded as common. And yes, the timer is a means to prevent an attack on the forum server (imagine if hundreds or thousands of bots attempted multiple repeating searches on the forum).

My best recommendation is to use Google to search the forum.

It's simple and reliable. Simply type site:forum.spyderco.com endura into a Google search (changing the bold word to whatever you're searching for).

I hope this helps!

Kristi
This tip might need to get stickied in the tech support section.
TazKristi

Re: Search engine - word too common

Post by TazKristi »

rangefinder wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:08 pm
This tip might need to get stickied in the tech support section.
Great idea, stickied. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.