Missing user Avatars

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
JRinFL

Missing user Avatars

Post by JRinFL »

Has anyone else noticed some user avatars disappearing? On some I just see "User Avatar" which implies they have one set, but it is not rendering.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TazKristi

Re: Missing user Avatars

Post by TazKristi »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:58 pm
Has anyone else noticed some user avatars disappearing? On some I just see "User Avatar" which implies they have one set, but it is not rendering.
Hey, JRinFL:
When I've seen this issue it's on users that haven't been active in a long time. When we moved the forum from VBulletin to phpBB, some users had to reselect their avatar. Once they reselected it, all was well. If you see this on someone who is active, it either doesn't bother them or I guess they haven't noticed. If they reselect their avatar in their User Profile, it should repopulate.

I hope this helps.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JRinFL

Re: Missing user Avatars

Post by JRinFL »

I figured out that it is related to forcing HTTPS connections on my browsers. The images are linked to HTTP pages and as such will not display if you force HTTPS.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001