Can we get the @member tag functionality?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Evil D

Can we get the @member tag functionality?

Post by Evil D »

This is a super useful function on forums. There are so many topics even someone like me who's here a lot doesn't catch everything. Is this something we can hope for in a future forum update?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MichaelScott

Re: Can we get the @member tag functionality?

Post by MichaelScott »

Please.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 pm
This is a super useful function on forums. There are so many topics even someone like me who's here a lot doesn't catch everything. Is this something we can hope for in a future forum update?
I'm looking into it. We'll be scheduling a forum update in the very near future. We'll also be installing a few new add-ons (the @ function being one of them). Add-ons are always interesting - some work great and others... not so much. Fingers crossed that it will work as intended. :) Look for an announcement soon on the forum regarding the update.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:00 am
Evil D wrote:
I'm looking into it. We'll be scheduling a forum update in the very near future. We'll also be installing a few new add-ons (the @ function being one of them). Add-ons are always interesting - some work great and others... not so much. Fingers crossed that it will work as intended. :) Look for an announcement soon on the forum regarding the update.

Kristi

Woohoo! Fingers crossed :D
~David
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Evil D wrote:

David, may I ask: What do you mean by "@member tag functionality"? I honestly can´t figure it out... :o
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, Warstein:
It's similar to tagging a specific person on social media. Using the @ symbol before a person's name in a post would trigger a notification to that person. Hope that helps explain it.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:01 pm
Evil D wrote:

David, may I ask: What do you mean by "@member tag functionality"? I honestly can´t figure it out... :o

Think of it like quoting a person and sending them a notification that you quoted them so they can click the notification and jump right to your post, but instead of a quote it's just @Wartstein. It's useful for mentioning someone in a post without the need for quoting a post by them.
~David
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

That looks pretty useful.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:30 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:01 pm
Evil D wrote:

Think of it like quoting a person and sending them a notification that you quoted them so they can click the notification and jump right to your post, but instead of a quote it's just @Wartstein. It's useful for mentioning someone in a post without the need for quoting a post by them.

Thanks, no I understand! Sounds like a good idea! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)