Spyderco webpage acting funny

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
vivi

Spyderco webpage acting funny

Post by vivi »

https://streamable.com/y8alz

Been doing this for a while, ever since the site update.

hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I have big hands. :unicorn
TazKristi

Re: Spyderco webpage acting funny

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Vivi:
This was brought up when we launched the new site three years ago. It's intentional, but unfortunately, not all devices handle it well. You'd likely have a better experience in portrait view instead of landscape. The shift that you see is called responsiveness. Meaning the site automatically resizes based on the device someone is using. It will adjust regardless of what device you're using. The header automatically rolls up a bit to allow for a better view, but there are limitations and viewing the site in landscape view from a small phone screen is one of them. I have a Galaxy S10 and I don't see the issue that you do. What device are you using (model and version) as well as what browser (name and version)?
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am
I have a Galaxy S10 and I don't see the issue that you do.
Hmm...I have a S10 and I see the Spyderco logo reduce in size regardless of which orientation or browser I'm using. It did it with S6 and does it with my Galaxy Tab S2. I knew it was intentional so it's never bothered me but I find it interesting that it doesn't do it with your S10.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:12 am
TazKristi wrote:
Hmm...I have a S10 and I see the Spyderco logo reduce in size regardless of which orientation or browser I'm using. It did it with S6 and does it with my Galaxy Tab S2. I knew it was intentional so it's never bothered me but I find it interesting that it doesn't do it with your S10.
Hey, Sharp Guy:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The header shrinks on mine, but I don't see the knife image getting "caught" (for lack of a better term) in the header as Vivi's video shows. ;)
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TazKristi wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:34 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:12 am
TazKristi wrote:
Hey, Sharp Guy:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The header shrinks on mine, but I don't see the knife image getting "caught" (for lack of a better term) in the header as Vivi's video shows. ;)
I figured I was missing something thanks
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
vivi

Post by vivi »

TazKristi wrote:
Hi, Vivi:
This was brought up when we launched the new site three years ago. It's intentional, but unfortunately, not all devices handle it well. You'd likely have a better experience in portrait view instead of landscape. The shift that you see is called responsiveness. Meaning the site automatically resizes based on the device someone is using. It will adjust regardless of what device you're using. The header automatically rolls up a bit to allow for a better view, but there are limitations and viewing the site in landscape view from a small phone screen is one of them. I have a Galaxy S10 and I don't see the issue that you do. What device are you using (model and version) as well as what browser (name and version)?
I've tried it with a few different Androids (LG, Samsung) using different browsers....Brave, Bromite, Firefox etc. In the video I was using Bromite 76.0.3809.129 on Android 9 on a Samsung.

The website doesn't act as funny when viewed in portrait mode but I never use my phone that way. Thumbs are way too big to type in portrait :p

hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I have big hands. :unicorn