Individual post links?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Evil D

Individual post links?

Post by Evil D »

Is there a way to link to a specific post that I'm missing? On some other forums each post is numbered and those numbers are usually links straight to that post. It would be really handy to link to different posts and not to the entire thread.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Deacon

Re: Individual post links?

Post by The Deacon »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:28 pm
Is there a way to link to a specific post that I'm missing? On some other forums each post is numbered and those numbers are usually links straight to that post. It would be really handy to link to different posts and not to the entire thread.

David, by right clicking on the Subject Line of the post you want to link to, you get a link that puts that post at the top when you open the link. There may be other ways, Kristi may even know one that only shows the post you're linking to, but this is the method I use.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
vivi

Post by vivi »

That paper icon next to the posters name.
:unicorn
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:08 pm

Well dang... I never noticed that. Sweet :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:08 pm

To be honest, I was referring to the Subject Line text above that icon, but the icon also seems to work.

Subject Line.png
Paul
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

The Deacon wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:16 am
Evil D wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:28 pm

David, by right clicking on the Subject Line of the post you want to link to, you get a link that puts that post at the top when you open the link. There may be other ways, Kristi may even know one that only shows the post you're linking to, but this is the method I use.
I've always used the little icon. I never realized the subject line for the particular post works the same way. I've been a moderator on another forum for years. The only way you can do it is to use the little icon because there is no subject line above each individual post. So I never thought to try the subject line. Always good to learn something new!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:13 pm
I've always used the little icon. I never realized the subject line for the particular post works the same way. I've been a moderator on another forum for years. The only way you can do it is to use the little icon because there is no subject line above each individual post. So I never thought to try the subject line. Always good to learn something new!

We both learned something new. I'd never clicked on one of those little icons, but up until David's post, I had always thought that doing so would take me to the poster's profile.
Paul
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Good to know. As I've been updating links from time to time on the wiki, I've been linking to the proper thread page, but not the exact post, as I couldn't figure out how to link to them since the forum changeover. I'll keep this in mind moving forward.

On a semi-related topic, anybody know why Vivi's screenshot has orange "paper icons" but Evil D's screenshot and my screen use white ones? Looking through the main forum, I see orange in some threads, white in others.

edit: Looks like they are orange if it's my first time visiting the thread and turn white once I've visited a thread, but return to orange if new posts have been added since my last visit.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com