Where are my posts?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Cowboyfromhell

Where are my posts?

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Joined the forum last night and posted a handful of times but I don't see any of my posts or threads....why?
Michael Janich

Re: Where are my posts?

Post by Michael Janich »

Hey, Cowboyfromhell:

To defend against the countless spammers that try to infiltrate our forums, we manually review and approve the first few posts of every new member. Once we know you're a valid forum member with real content to contribute, we set you free.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Stay safe,

Mike
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:52 am
Joined the forum last night and posted a handful of times but I don't see any of my posts or threads....why?
Cowboyfromhell:
When a post needs to be moderated (all new members are moderated as Mike mentions) you are actually notified as soon as you post. We try to be as transparent as possible. And on that note, I'm going to move this thread to the tech support area of the forum.

Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sih

Post by Sih »

Is there a way to see one's own posts that are still pending approval?

I ask because I'm also a new user, and the first two posts I made were quickly approved (within a few hours), but the latest one has not yet been approved. I have no problem with approval taking hours or even days. I was just curious if there was a way for me to ensure I submitted the post correctly in the first place. That way I know the reason it can't be publicly seen yet is because it is waiting for approval and not just me failing to submit the post properly.

Thanks for your time.
"We are vigilant..."
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Sih wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 am
Is there a way to see one's own posts that are still pending approval?

I ask because I'm also a new user, and the first two posts I made were quickly approved (within a few hours), but the latest one has not yet been approved. I have no problem with approval taking hours or even days. I was just curious if there was a way for me to ensure I submitted the post correctly in the first place. That way I know the reason it can't be publicly seen yet is because it is waiting for approval and not just me failing to submit the post properly.

Thanks for your time.
Hi, Sih:
Yes, you can find your posts in the User Control Panel. Just click on your name in the top right corner (under the search box) and click on User Control Panel. The first screen that comes up is a breakdown of all of your posts. When you submit a post that requires approval you will see a notice on the page that lets you know you posted successfully and your post is in the moderation queue. You won't always be in moderation, I promise.

Make it a good day!

Kristi
Hugaso

Post by Hugaso »

Hi Kristi,

I attempted to post a topic in the general discussion about 8 hours or so ago, and I can't see that my post is pending in the control panel. Am I still stuck in moderation purgatory or should I just try posting my topic again?

When browsing forums, I'm always a lurker. I'm usually reluctant to voice my opinion. So my posts count/karma is always low.

Mahalo,
Sean
Proud owner of an engraved Pacific Salt SE from BHQ's bargain bin
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hugaso wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:00 pm
Hi Kristi,

I attempted to post a topic in the general discussion about 8 hours or so ago, and I can't see that my post is pending in the control panel. Am I still stuck in moderation purgatory or should I just try posting my topic again?

When browsing forums, I'm always a lurker. I'm usually reluctant to voice my opinion. So my posts count/karma is always low.

Mahalo,
Sean
Hi, Sean:
We've been a little behind in approvals due to me being out of the office for a bit. Typically, we approve fairly regularly. There are delays in the evenings and weekends but usually not too bad. As for counts/karma - we don't use those here but we do have an algorithm at play and new members are moderated for a relatively short period.

Hang in there, it won't be too long. We welcome lurkers but never hesitate to voice your opinions here. We value each and every one of you.

Welcome to the Spyderco forum. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi