"Your IP has been blocked because it is blacklisted"??

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Evil D

Re: "Your IP has been blocked because it is blacklisted"??

Post by Evil D »

Test

Seems I'm getting it nearly everyday now.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Talked to my ISP and they were no help. I guess they weren't seeing any unusual traffic on their end.

I don't really know what else to do at this point.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

StuntZombie wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:46 am
Talked to my ISP and they were no help. I guess they weren't seeing any unusual traffic on their end.

I don't really know what else to do at this point.
Chris,
Have you tried rebooting your modem? That usually triggers a new IP address. I'm sorry it's such a pain.

To give some context, between just two of the measures we have in place to battle spammers, nearly 2,000 spam attempts were blocked in just the past seven days.

Let me know if rebooting your modem works (or is an option). If not, message me your IP once more.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Hey Kristi, I've tried rebooting and resetting a couple times now. Still no go.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

StuntZombie wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:30 pm
Hey Kristi, I've tried rebooting and resetting a couple times now. Still no go.
Actually, disregard. Seems it's working again.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It's really odd that I didn't have an issue with this for a year and a half and now out of nowhere I get it pretty much everyday. Switching airplane mode on and off does shuffle the IP and gets it fixed but the next day I'm back to being blocked again.
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Just got it again, only a couple hours later and this is the only site I've been to all day.
~David
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

If you are using a VPN to increase your security and to help prevent your ISP from snooping, then you are more likely to see this block. It’s because some spammers use the same VPNs to do their spamming. The same applies to Tor.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

JRinFL wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:00 am
If you are using a VPN to increase your security and to help prevent your ISP from snooping, then you are more likely to see this block. It’s because some spammers use the same VPNs to do their spamming. The same applies to Tor.
If you are placing an order on our website, yes, this is very true. But the Forum is a little different. Our tools don't block VPNs, but rather IPs that have been blacklisted by trusted sources. Some VPNs are on blacklists, but a majority of the IPs that I've seen with this issue aren't VPN.

It's unfortunate that we have to go to such lengths to protect the forum, but for some additional perspective, our tools have blocked another 1,655 spammers since I posted above.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

test...first time to encounter this today. I browse the forums on 3 devices, my phone, my Macbook Pro at home, and my office PC right now - this one happened on my office PC. Second time I tried posting the same content to one of the threads here, it worked. Weird.

8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Yep... I also got the Blacklist message. On my phone. I cleared the cache but that didn't work. Then i did the airplane mode on then off. If you see this, it worked.
•• Beau
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I had that issue several times in the past. Then not at all for several month.

But right now, right since people start to post about it here again, I do have it all the time. Very annoying. Contacted spamhouse (not for the first time), did everything they told me (ran a security / cleaning program and so on).
Did not make anything better.

Most times I can´t post from my laptop anymore (even if I change the VPN adress), and just somtetimes from my phone - even when doing the plane mode on/off thing.

Had a professional IT-guy whom I know check my laptop and cellphone. He could find and do nothing.

I have and never had any problems on the internet or with being blacklisted whatsoever and ever on any other site.

This is really weird and also annoying I have to say.

Kristy, I totally understand that this forum has to be protected and I am gratefull that you do so.

But sometimes I have a feeling that those spamhouse-guys, while certainly doing a great job in keeping spammers away, somehow do also have a too coarse grid.

It seems to be a bit like using an insect spray that totally reliably kills all the pests, but ALSO many of the creatures you DON`T want to kill.

Maybe you can talk to those guys?
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I'm actually having the same issue again. I've run scans on everything possible, reset my router several times, all to no avail. It appears to be due to the IP address issued by my ISP, but they haven't seen any suspicious activity and it seems they won't issue a new IP address to me because of the plan we're under.

I can't even contact the folks at Spamhaus because they won't accept messages from unpaid email accounts.

Pretty much the only way I can post on here now is by using my phone as a hotspot. I'm guessing other forums don't use Spamhaus, because this is the only one I have issues on.

One question I had, is do you get to see where spam attacks are originating from?
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Ran into the same problem on my phone. Had to turn my data on and off until I got assigned an IP that wasn't blocked
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

Kicking my arse today
~David
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:56 am
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

Kicking my arse today
Same with me today and yesterday. Really annoying, especially since I don´t know what to do anymore.
IT guy can´t find nothing, did what the spamhouse people told me, still having the issue.

I wonder how many people perhaps experience the problem and just silently leave the forum eventually - ?!
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:27 pm
Evil D wrote:
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

Kicking my arse today
Same with me today and yesterday. Really annoying, especially since I don´t know what to do anymore.
IT guy can´t find nothing, did what the spamhouse people told me, still having the issue.

I wonder how many people perhaps experience the problem and just silently leave the forum eventually - ?!

Good question. Fortunately I have only had this issue on my phone, my PC at home I don't think has ever done this that I remember (at least not in a long time and not recently). On my phone I just turn on airplane mode for a few seconds and switch it back off and that usually does it. Sometimes I've had to do that a few times before the issue went away.
~David
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:37 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Evil D wrote:
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

Kicking my arse today

Good question. Fortunately I have only had this issue on my phone, my PC at home I don't think has ever done this that I remember (at least not in a long time and not recently). On my phone I just turn on airplane mode for a few seconds and switch it back off and that usually does it. Sometimes I've had to do that a few times before the issue went away.
This does it.
Plus clear the cache and you're all set.
Since the pandemic started, there are a lot more hacking attempts, because a lot of people started working from home.
When you connect from either LTE/4G/3G or Wifi, you are assigned with a random IP address (DHCP does it).
If this address has been blacklisted because someone/bot used it for listed above, it will cut you off.
Just use plane mode on phone, or reset router from home on computer so the network assigns a new IP address
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

pantagana23 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:57 am
Evil D wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Evil D wrote:
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

Kicking my arse today

This does it.
Since the pandemic started, there are a lot more hacking attempts, because a lot of people started working from home.
When you connect from either LTE/4G/3G or Wifi, you are assigned with a random IP address (DHCP does it).
If this address has been blacklisted because someone/bot used it for listed above, it will cut you off.
Just use plane mode on phone, or reset router from home on computer so the network assigns a new IP address

Sadlly, I don't have that option with my home internet provider. Our plan only allows for a static IP. So I basically have to wait until my IP address is cleared, or use my phone as a hotspot. Which I just had to do to post this.

Unfortunately, neither my service provider nor Spamhaus has been of any help.

It's pretty much put me off from even coming here any more, because I'll never know if I'll be able to post anything.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

StuntZombie wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:26 pm
pantagana23 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:57 am
Evil D wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

This does it.

Sadlly, I don't have that option with my home internet provider. Our plan only allows for a static IP. So I basically have to wait until my IP address is cleared, or use my phone as a hotspot. Which I just had to do to post this.

Unfortunately, neither my service provider nor Spamhaus has been of any help.

It's pretty much put me off from even coming here any more, because I'll never know if I'll be able to post anything.

That´s bad! :( ... again, I am a bit afraid that per anyone who posts about that problem there could be ten others who experience the same, but don´t try to post but just leave. (I might be too pessimistic in that case, don´t know... ;) )