"Your IP has been blocked because it is blacklisted"??

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
aesmith

Re: "Your IP has been blocked because it is blacklisted"??

Post by aesmith »

It's just started blocking "Three" mobile network in the UK. Hutchison 3G UK Ltd. Three uses CGNAT so the ip address is common across most of the user base, so it can't be due to any specific behaviour. At the moment it seems like the only way round is to use VPN as I'm doing just now. The Spamhaus thing says it's removed the address, but that doesn't seem to change the blocking.

To be specific, which of the Spamhaus categories does this forum look at? It seems there's "CSS", "PBL" (which is valid as Three doesn't permit direct SMTP), "XBL" and "CBL"
---------
Tony S
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

aesmith wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:02 am
It's just started blocking "Three" mobile network in the UK. Hutchison 3G UK Ltd. Three uses CGNAT so the ip address is common across most of the user base, so it can't be due to any specific behaviour. At the moment it seems like the only way round is to use VPN as I'm doing just now. The Spamhaus thing says it's removed the address, but that doesn't seem to change the blocking.

To be specific, which of the Spamhaus categories does this forum look at? It seems there's "CSS", "PBL" (which is valid as Three doesn't permit direct SMTP), "XBL" and "CBL"

I have no idea what the "CSS" "PBL" and "CBL" even means, but when I get blocked it can be due to one, two and sometimes even all three of those. I don´t get what´s going on, and professional IT guys who checked my device couldn´t find any reasons for the blocking either.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

So I just got blocked and got curious and switched from Chrome to Firefox and the post went through (as well as this post). I didn't do anything else, didn't toggle airplane mode etc.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I'll try that too and see if it works.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

StuntZombie wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:28 pm
EDIT: So, I used Chrome instead of Safari, and that's what made the difference.

EDIT to the EDIT: It's also working from Safari again. I guess my IP was cleared again.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

StuntZombie wrote:

I've been using Firefox since that post with no issues, gonna keep using it for a while and see how it goes.
~David
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:28 am
StuntZombie wrote:

I've been using Firefox since that post with no issues, gonna keep using it for a while and see how it goes.

Hope it'll work out for you!

Though I have to say: I always use Firefox on my laptop at home and this does not prevent me from gettiing blocked from time to time.
Sometimes several times a day, other times not for two month or so.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:43 am
Evil D wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:

Though I have to say: I always use Firefox on my laptop at home and this does not prevent me from gettiing blocked from time to time.
We made some changes late yesterday to how this tool works. After some extensive research, we think we've fine tuned this to work more effectively. Please let me know if you notice a difference or if you still have the same issues. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Double post, sorry
Last edited by Wartstein on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 am
Wartstein wrote:
Evil D wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:
We made some changes late yesterday to how this tool works. After some extensive research, we think we've fine tuned this to work more effectively. Please let me know if you notice a difference or if you still have the same issues. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Kristi

Thanks Kristi (for that finetuning, but especially also your efforts to keep the forum safe and free from spammers) ! That´s really appreciated! :)

Gernot
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TazKristi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Evil D wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:

Kristi

I'll go back to Chrome and see if it still happens.
~David
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

TazKristi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Evil D wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:

Kristi

Thank you! I have not noticed the issue since you made the change and it is much appreciated.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Thank you Kristi. I haven't seen any issues of late, so it looks like whatever you did worked.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TazKristi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Evil D wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:

Kristi

No more issues so far since the changes you made!! :)

Thanks, Kristi!