Kristi: Help: Is this a spam bot trying to use my posts?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
SpyderEdgeForever

Kristi: Help: Is this a spam bot trying to use my posts?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Kristi, I made a post on the Off Topic section and then I saw that someone re-posted a section of my post but then appeared to use it as a way to advertise something. Below is the copy and paste of my original post, and, the post below it of the supposed bot or whatever. Does that look like a spam bot or something? Thank you for your help.

Postby SpyderEdgeForever » 19 Jan 2018 14:38

I was reading some material that said one field of technological development that has been undergoing examination is the use of specially-tuned electromagnetic and electrostatic waves that alter the metal lattice of metals and other materials, and which cause the metal to become a liquid at room temperature. It can then be poured into a proper mold and it rehardens after a period of time, and you have a fully-formed metal part that can either be further refined and finished, or, it is molded into a final finished state.

This would make obsolete the use of heat-based systems for casting, forging, molding, and the rest.

Let's say this is possible. How would this technology if cheaply mass-implemented effect the manufacture of knives and other goods?

Say it can be extended to include all solids: Metals, Non Metals, Ceramics, Glasses, Plastics, you name it. A Universal Cold Molding System. What types of changes to industry and materials would we see?

Could people then put two different materials or metals into the liquid state, mix them, and have a new alloy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sanvi MemberPosts: 1Joined: 29 Jan 2018 10:34Contact:
Contact sanvi

Re: Cold Molding of Metal Using Tuned EM Waves?

Report this post

Postby sanvi » 29 Jan 2018 10:39

I was reading some material that said one field of technological development that has been undergoing examination is the use of specially-tuned electromagnetic and electrostatic waves that alter the metal lattice of buffets near me now metals and other materials, and which cause the metal to become a liquid at room temperature.
TazKristi

Re: Kristi: Help: Is this a spam bot trying to use my posts?

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, SEF:
Yes, it is. It's a tactic used to try and get through filters (one of many). We've been under an onslaught of spammers for a few weeks now. Most of them are getting stopped by filters and y'all aren't even seeing them but several are making it through using these kinds of tactics. The best thing you can do is use the report post feature if you suspect spam. The reports all come to me and make it a little easier to find posts like what you've seen.

Make it a good day!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: Kristi: Help: Is this a spam bot trying to use my posts?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Thank you so much for the explanation, appreciated greatly.