How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, etc. Please review the two stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
James Y
Member
Posts: 3508
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Postby James Y » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:56 pm

I've never been able to post pics online. More specifically, how can I post pics in this forum? I only have an iPad, and now a new Samsung phone (my first smart phone, which I'm navigating), but no laptop or desktop computer. Needless to say, I'm not overly tech-savvy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim

User avatar
pantagana23
Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:52 am
Location: Croatia

Re: How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Postby pantagana23 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Either go to image hosting site like imgur and paste here as [ img ] link to the photo [ /img ] , or even simpler, when you press Full Editor & preview on this forum, scroll down from the window where you write and you'll see a tab Attachments.
Click there and upload your photo. It has to be small resolution, because the forum cannot take regular size of mobile photos (3-7 MB)

Edit: when writing img, leave out the spaces I made; I put them there because I cannot show otherwise.

James Y
Member
Posts: 3508
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Postby James Y » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:41 pm

pantagana23 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:41 pm
Either go to image hosting site like imgur and paste here as [ img ] link to the photo [ /img ] , or even simpler, when you press Full Editor & preview on this forum, scroll down from the window where you write and you'll see a tab Attachments.
Click there and upload your photo. It has to be small resolution, because the forum cannot take regular size of mobile photos (3-7 MB)

Edit: when writing img, leave out the spaces I made; I put them there because I cannot show otherwise.

Thanks, pantagana23. I will give it a try.

Jim

User avatar
vivi
Member
Posts: 9439
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Postby vivi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Join us at the Spyderco Swap!

Current favorite: Pacific Salt

James Y
Member
Posts: 3508
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Postby James Y » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am

Thanks, vivi.

I tried postimages and uploaded my pic, but when I try to post it here, it doesn’t do anything. Or if I try attachments, it always says “file too large” and doesn’t accept it. Is it because too much of the photo is taking up the screen? Or too much detail in the image? It doesn’t seem any larger or more detailed than many pics I’ve seen posted here. I can’t even get it to post a link to the pic.

I tried both methods that you and pantagana gave me, and I suppose the image is too large (even though it doesn’t look large). Very weird. I’m sure the solution is easy, I just haven’t gotten it. In the meantime, I’ve deleted the photo I had chosen off of the postimages site.

Jim

User avatar
vivi
Member
Posts: 9439
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Postby vivi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 pm

James Y wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am
Thanks, vivi.

I tried postimages and uploaded my pic, but when I try to post it here, it doesn’t do anything. Or if I try attachments, it always says “file too large” and doesn’t accept it. Is it because too much of the photo is taking up the screen? Or too much detail in the image? It doesn’t seem any larger or more detailed than many pics I’ve seen posted here. I can’t even get it to post a link to the pic.

I tried both methods that you and pantagana gave me, and I suppose the image is too large (even though it doesn’t look large). Very weird. I’m sure the solution is easy, I just haven’t gotten it. In the meantime, I’ve deleted the photo I had chosen off of the postimages site.

Jim
After you take your photo and upload it, it takes you to this page:

Image

All you have to do is copy and paste the direct link, then use the image brackets. Quote my post to see how the brackets work.
Join us at the Spyderco Swap!

Current favorite: Pacific Salt

James Y
Member
Posts: 3508
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Southern CA

Re: How to post pics here from iPad or smart phone?

Postby James Y » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:04 am

vivi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 pm
James Y wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am
Thanks, vivi.

I tried postimages and uploaded my pic, but when I try to post it here, it doesn’t do anything. Or if I try attachments, it always says “file too large” and doesn’t accept it. Is it because too much of the photo is taking up the screen? Or too much detail in the image? It doesn’t seem any larger or more detailed than many pics I’ve seen posted here. I can’t even get it to post a link to the pic.

I tried both methods that you and pantagana gave me, and I suppose the image is too large (even though it doesn’t look large). Very weird. I’m sure the solution is easy, I just haven’t gotten it. In the meantime, I’ve deleted the photo I had chosen off of the postimages site.

Jim
After you take your photo and upload it, it takes you to this page:

Image

All you have to do is copy and paste the direct link, then use the image brackets. Quote my post to see how the brackets work.

Wow! Thanks for the clarification! It worked (I posted some photos in the Martial Arts Experiences Discussion Thread).

Will the images still remain posted here if I delete them off of the postimages site? I did not start an account there.

Jim


Return to “Spyderco Forum Tech Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest